Infocus X1/X2 Lamp & Ballast Bypass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all!

I finally succeeded in bypassing the lamp ballast circuit of the Infocus LP120 DLP projector.

All you need to do is to input a voltage around 3V on the port 16 (AD2) of the P87LPC769 IC.

A little bit more tricky than the case where you need to ground the reversed opto-coupler pins, but now we have a solution for this projector ;-)

Best regards!

I have a Infocus X3, it is exactly same like X1 or X2. Thanks to Crazifunguy, I have moded the ballast successfully and very easily, no need to add or subtract any electronic thing. Using 55W xenon car lamp, I am able to watch a good quility picture in dark room. But the light is not enough for lit room, it should be totaly dark.
Sending some better quality pictures of ballast mod, for people who could not understand in previous posts (page 2).
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hello. I need help.I managed to bypass the ballast. Fan and color wheel spins. The LED flashes green and then stays lit.All input is tried. The optics for this attraction: Look at the picture. :(
Black and white dots. What could be wrong?
Can you help?
Thank you.
(I use google translator, sorry.)

Attachments

• DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 202
  • DSC_0129.jpg
    DSC_0129.jpg
    923.2 KB · Views: 200
I think the problem is solved.
The light tunnel watching a optodioda.
If there is not enough light, not to image.
The question that can be disabled somehow?
Thank you.

Attachments

• DSC_0113.jpg
    DSC_0113.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC_0114.jpg
    DSC_0114.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC_0116.jpg
    DSC_0116.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC_0126.jpg
    DSC_0126.jpg
    752.9 KB · Views: 136
I have a Infocus X3, it is exactly same like X1 or X2. Thanks to Crazifunguy, I have moded the ballast successfully and very easily, no need to add or subtract any electronic thing. Using 55W xenon car lamp, I am able to watch a good quility picture in dark room. But the light is not enough for lit room, it should be totaly dark.
Sending some better quality pictures of ballast mod, for people who could not understand in previous posts (page 2).

I have a question about the above quoted post and images.

I have an Infocus X1 and it has a 20 pin plug on it. Does that change what pins I should ground and separate at all to bypass the ballast? Is it still the 1st and 3rd pins going from right to left?

thanks!

Well after some following of the circuits and some testing with my meter I found that that pinout was way off. I must have a newer revision. It ended up being pin 14 through a 10ohm resistor to ground lets the projector turn on and stay on. Now I need to pick a lamp source to play with. LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!!

Where do you find 14 pin? Please show the picture, how to run the projector without a lamp?

Need Resistor Values

Hi, since you guys are taking these projectors apart, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind measuring a couple of resistors. (Or if you have access to a schematic....)

I was trying to mount my Infocus X1 and the the screw on the back left (switch side) went too far in and broke off two resistors. The resistors are no where to be found, so I don't know what value they were. Infocus Tech support is no help--they won't give out that kind of info. If anyone could check the values of R722 and R742, I would really appreciate it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.