LP500/LP530 Lamps Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Childsid where did u get Lp350 lamps?

Hi was reading your posts where did you get Lp350 lamps i been lookin for month now for a cheaper replacement lamp but could not find one.

Is there a way of rebuilding it to put other lamps in it ?
Do you know where to buy LP350 Retrofided lamps?
pllzz if you do know or anyone know where to buy Lp350 retro fitted cheaper light pllz email me att el_guachiiii@hotmail.com
been looking for answers for alot of months now

if just moved to spain from sweden so i do not know anystores here
so any link to a online store or where to get the lamps would be greate.

Lamp for Infocus LP500/LP530

Hi,
I have been getting lamps from YWH on this forum. He is in China and supplies many DIYs with their lamps. I use the JYS/DC 270 watt special for I think $40. This lamp is about 70-80% as bright as factory original but for home theater very nice. For presentation use he has a brighter lamp available too but you need to ask him what model number is. I think it is $70-$80 US His email is
yuweihua@163.net
Good Luck,
Jim

E-mail sent. Questions opinions on LP 500

Thanks again Childsid, posted also the link to this page, that way YWH will be aware of how the address was given.

Bought six second user LP 500s. Got three working but only have two lamp modules. Might be able to fix a fourth.

Any-one point me in the direction of lamp modules?

Have no way of upgrading the firmware. any-one with the software that allows a pc to connect with a LP 500?

Any-one aware of the latest version? Could already be installed, no way yet of that knowledge.

Read much about the LP 500 and issues with the power supply and lamps. If your going to push 2000ansi out of such a small box, then expect issues. LP 500 pushed the bounds of svga dlp technology (only a opinion). Great picture! even in daylight, old technology that once stable is a marvellous wee box of light.

Jason Pop.

Hi Jason,
I have rebuilt over 100 LP500/LP530 lamps using YWH lamps. The modules are very hard to find. I do have a couple extra cages for you if you can find a supplier for the OEM reflector used in the LP500/LP530. I need about 25 reflectors & the ceramic base for them. I know Phoenix electric Co. in Japan makes these lamps for Infocus. I have not been able to get them to sell to me.
To rebuild lamps I use 8mm diamond drill bit on drill press & drill hole in center of ceramic bottom of reflector. I posted a rebuilding method for the LP500 & LP530 on this forum & YWH helped me with it. I use a projector modified to test, get correct focal alignment & cement the lamps & YWH uses a seperate 400 watt ballast to test his and points to a wall to get correct focal alignment to cement.
You can search forum or I can email instructions to you.

To upgrade firmware is easy. Go to Infocus & download software program
LP500 http://www.infocus.com/Support/Products/Projectors/LP500.aspx

LP530
http://www.infocus.com/Support/Products/Projectors/LP530.aspx

Good luck to you. You can PM me at prmhelp@earthlink.net
Jim

Parts for LP 500

Thanks Childsid. Bought six LP 500s of those three are now working. Have penty of parts, figure they all have power supply issues. One is pre 2002 and the other two are 2002 - year of manufacture.

Plenty of parts, any-one aware of the issues with the power supplies. Any way of fixing them?

Been told Osram manufacture a lamp that would suite. Osram P-VIP 300/1.3 E21.8 - 300 watt unit and may be excessive for the power supply? They also have a 250 watt version, that might also do. Quoted $240 for a the 300w unit via a chinese company, what a cheek.

Thanks Childsid for the lamp manufacture, try Japan, never know, some Scottish wit (feel free prefix "t") might sway them to hand over the goods.

Does the firmware not require additional software that must be pre-loaded before the firmware can be loaded into the pj?

Sort out a we addy for public use. Ywh does have my address and could pass on to your-self (Childsid).

Missing the infocus CD

Childsid the software aint working. Believe I require a CD from infocus that allows teh download to work?

Few power supplies, are parts easy to find? Imagine the same parts fail, usual story with electronic mass produced goods.

Below are lamps used that match LP500
Boxlight CD-750m, IBM ILV200, Infocus LP-500, Infocus LP-510, Infocus LP-520, Infocus LP-530, Infocus LP-5300, Infocus LP-530D, Infocus LS-110, Toshiba TDP-S3,Toshiba TDP-T3.

Hi Jason,
I have found through recent experience DO NOT UPGRADE THE SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE! Reason is that the older versions like 3.2 will support 1080i resolution in HD using an HDMI adapter without having to buy & use the Infocus HW-ECM enhanced connectivity module they sell.
I flashed/upgraded the firmware to version 4.7 (newest version) on several LP530 & LP500 units that I could previosly get 1080i HD without the ECM in the LP530s and now I cannot get 1080i with or without the ECM. Something in their latest flashes screwed up the HD signal reception.
I have found these software versions to work to so far for 1080i using an M1-DA to HDMI adapter:
LP500,Not tested yet
LP530, software version 31324624xxxx which is version 3.2(second set of 2 digits)
The following go to 720p with or without the ECM on the LP530:
V4.3, V3.5,2.0,
So the very best version so far is the 3.2 for the LP530.

I have contacted Infocus Tech support & they sent me to projectordoctor.com who does their warranty & repair work to get the 3.2 version to download. I wrote to PD & have not heard back yet. I still need to test the LP500 projectors to see which versions get 1080i without using the ECM.

Jason, I have working power supplies if you need some send me an email to PRMHELP@EARTHLINK.NET
Good Luck,
Jim

Lamps

found a place in London claiming to sell LP500 lamp C/W module for £139.99. Internet so as yet no actual proof.

Had a lamp the power supplies. How can a 3.4I rated unit supply a 270w 75vdc burner? Some are rated at 3.6I.

HDMI issue, just use component, not that bothered about HD when waching via SVGA.

Mbates is claiming YWHs lamps and LP500 wont mix - resu;t is a blown power supply. True?

Hi Jason,
No, I have not received an email back from you yet regarding power supplies. Did you get my email with pictures and offer to trade power supplies? I still have about 15 working ones for LP500/LP530.
You ask:Ok I have more power supplies, any pointers, not much to them, but I'm lazy.
Do you mean working power supplies or broken? I do not understand the question. Any how PM me at PRMHELP@EARTHLINK.net
Thanks,
Jim
PS Lamps from YWH work great. That post from Mike Bates was old & was before we found correct lamp.

Broken power supplies. Tried a LP530. not bad for $200.00

All the power supplies are faulty. have sent a E-mail, check the sent box and re-send. Been testing a LP530, great picture consider teh wall paper, cost next to nothing. Do find once about a hour passes that horizontal lines appear, resolution issue, or dirty color wheel?

Back to the lamps, gonna try the UK source and see if they can supply lamp no module only, teh web-site does mention they can do this. Let you all know, need teh brigthest lamp possible, hence why I'm hanging back from YWH. Surely they could find a supplier, these lamps cost cents to make. not that I'm against profit, we all have to make a living.

LP 530 Error Codes

I have an LP 530 that after about 20 hours of perfect images (supposed to be about 130 hours old light bulb) all of a sudden went dark.

When powered up again, the light blinks green, then the color wheel and the fan go on, and after 30 seconds or so the light blinks orange, and stays like that until I pull the plug.

As far I understand from the manual a burned up lamp gernerates a sequence of three red pulses that keeps repeating. A solid orange indicates a projector in pause.

Does anyone know what it means? It may be the light bulb, but I would prefer not to buy a new one if not needed.

Thanks for any hint.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.