InFocus LP600 Power Board Questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Have found this forum via google and hopefully someone can help me out with a rookie mistake.

I have a Infocus LP600 in the shop for repair. Pulled out C1 and C5 to replace once new stock of caps arrived. Unfortunatly I'v misplaced them and have no idea what value they are.

Does anyone have a schematic and can tell me what value the caps are? They should be just startup caps so suspecting nothing over 47uf and would assume around 25V as they were small caps.

Hello all. After much searching I'm still having trouble with my LP600. I have replaced the 5 caps shown in jeffn2001 picture. After replacing the caps it will now power on but hang at"Powering up, Please wait" and a #. It's random on how far it will get. Sometimes it will hang immediately at 7 and other times it will make to searching for input but it will always hang at some point. Could someone please give me some advice to repair? Thanks.

Sorry for posting again so soon but I forgot to mention that I was experiencing the power supply cap problem (fans would come on when plugged in, no display at all, and wouldn't power on when pressing the power button) before replacing the 5 caps. The projector was always in stand by mode and hardly ever used so I figured it would be a fairly easy fix.

Hi Gizmotech! Yes, I have the board that jeffn2001 photographed, at least it looks identical. The caps were new. I will double check that I have the polarity correct and I will also confirm the board part #. Do you think that it is still a caps issue? I did use 470uf 35v caps. I didn't think that would be a problem. Thanks for your help!

Sorry for taking so long. It's been a busy summer. The polarity of the caps seem to be correct. I am going to try re-soldering them though. After looking it over again I'm not too happy with how a couple came out. I'm not the greatest solderer yet. The part # for the board is 510-1842-20. Thanks again.

I also have a problem with board. My projector is Infocus IN37 with same power supply as LP600. When i put a new lamp there was some smoke from projector. After dismantle it i found something burned on the power board. Is it possible to change that part.
attachment.php

Attachments

• lp600.jpg
    lp600.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 611
Last edited:
I also have a problem with my power board. Watching photos of board from LP600 I think it is same board as my Infocus IN37. After changing lamp there was smoke from projector and some noise. Some part was burned. I'm asking if somebody know is it possible to change S3KB diode as I can read from it. If not is it possible to buy whole board. Thanks

Attachments

• lp600.jpg
    lp600.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 163
I can repair this equipment for you if you wish

I found this forum while researching the Infocus LP600 that I am in the process of repairing, and I must say that I am most impressed at the level of technical expertise of most folks in this thread. It is extremely rare and most helpful so that I don't overlook other possible problems.

The main reason for my post is to answer those who were asking if someone could fix their equipment for them. I just happen to be an electronics engineer and software engineer at Crossway Technology. I do free estimates & my rate is $30/hour plus parts and shipping costs to & from Reedsport, Oregon, USA. If you are interested, please send me an email and I'll get touch with ya.

May Honor always know your deeds well!

Guys I have a dead infocus power supply as well. But mine is not like any here.. out of all the caps on my board this is what I have (can caps)

150 uF/450V 105c rated
22 uF/50V/ 105c
47 uF/35V/ 105c
1000 uF/16V/ 105c
1000 uF/16V/ 105C
10 uF/ 50V/ 105C
47 uF/ 25V/ 105C

The primary side of the transformer I get 164 V DC

Attachments

• DSC00648.jpg
    DSC00648.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.