olympus vp-1 projector lamp alternative

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
not sure this is the right place to post my thing.
i have a projector that uses mercury lamp it's rated @ 120 WATT
AND I WAS WONDERING IF I COULD USE AN ALTERNATIVE LAMP IN IT'S PLACE, SINCE THIS LAMPS ARE A BIT SPENSIVE

I DONT HAVE PICS OF MY PRJECTOR BUT I WILL GET SOME JUST IN CASE SOMEONE WANTS TO SEE THE INSIDE OF IT.

I HOWEVER NOTICE THAT WHEN REMOVING THE LAMP AND BYPASSING THE LID SWITCH I CAN HEAR TWO SHORTED LIKE SOUNDS THAT IT MAKE ME WONDER IF THE LAMP IS BAD OR SOMETHING ELSE, BUT I DID A LIL. READDING AND FOUND OUT THAT SOME LAMPS HAVE AN IGNITER ,

AND IF THIS IS THE CASE, IT IS THE LAMP THAT IS BAD.

? DOES ANYONE HAVE AN IDEA ON HOW TO CHEAT THIS.

Need Lamp Retrofit Instructions For My Olympus VP-1 or simple XGA projector retrofit

Hi, I too have an Olympus VP-1 that was a GREAT projector until the lamp went out... and I found out it's $300!!!

I'm good with my hands, so I can take it apart, but I need step-by-step on what to do to make it stay on without an internal lamp.

Any of you who's done a retrofit, please let me know if it's possible... It's a DLP unit, does that matter?

hi, so i can see you have the same problem as me well in order to
replace the lamp for a diferent source of light you must bypass
whatever it is that senses the lamp so that you can use a diferent one, i tried to figure this out but really have no clue
on what this sensor or thing is located on the unit.
if you are able to find the way let me know, meanwhile
i will keep on serching to see wht i can find and of course
i will share this w/you.

Yeah, It's a shame that such a nice small projector (olympus vp1) has so expensive a lamp... but, if found a GREAT deal on an even better projector: the Acer ph530 is 1280 x 720 (true 720p!), DVI input too... and only $599! with low $199 bulbs that last 3000 hrs!

The reviews on this thing are AMAZING! for the very low price... I think I'll be upgrading! (you can get it at amazon and save $30 if you sign-up for their rewards card) and only $11.99 s/h!

The lamp on my VP-1 broke in a bizarre way, it cracked and broke off from the housing. See picture.

The cheapest replacement I could find is about $300. Would love to hear if there are any alternatives.

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 113
Replacement bulb type?

Hi !
I can rebuild your lamp with your old reflector, agglutinate it, install a new burner .
send your reflector with $110 to me, include shipping to send back to you

Hi there,

I have the option to buy a VP-1 that "powers on but no light output". The seller suggests will need a new bulb.

Can you tell me what UHP 120w bulb fits this caddy?
Is there a good chance that this is more than a bulb replacement. The price only $50 for the VP-1

Thanks
Doug (I'm in Canada so cross border shipping is problematic)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.