Post Your Results II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
another, its 6ft accross remember dont be decieved,

Attachments

• 100_0889.jpg
    100_0889.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 2,923
Finally got a camera for taking few result images with my retrofit setup. So here are two projected images with Sony VPL-SC50 projector retrofitted with diaprojector optics and 150w MH at the lightsource.

Also check the official testimage result at http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=465419#post465419

I also updated the http://tweaknmod-av.tk website of mine, there are few more result images and of course more information about my setup.

Regards
HB

Attachments

• powerdvd.jpg
    powerdvd.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,606
Setup

LIESEGANG OHP 400w HQI
TFT BENQ 567
Rolled Projector Screen 96" x 96"

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

3M OHP Model 1730 - 360w ENX
15" Viewsonic VE500
- has ffc issues, running it at 1024x488 right now.
Blackout cloth screen, wrinkly.

Projected image is 110" dia. and as always, pics don't do it justice. Edge brightness is actually even, and the pics are quite grainy.

DSC00468.jpg

DSC00466.jpg

This one taken in the afternoon, tons of light in the room.
DSC00459.jpg

yeah, just goes to show that xga+ resolutions (and most lcd's that can handle them) can easily put out a superior image. I'm sick of my lousy 150:1 contrast ratio (and having to turn the brightness up for movies/games but decrease it for desktop use - to even it up with the image quality I get on my 21" trinitron)

Hi,

here some pics of my setup.
Benq FP 557s V2 with 400W HPI (about 30% more brightness than HQI)
sorry for my poor english ;)

In bright sunlight:

normal daylight:

more darkness in the room:

with full darknes the results look fine :)

sharpness is fine

have fun
Micha

Hello from France :)

Thanks to all

Just wanted to post and say thanks to everyone on the forum. By searching here I was able to find everything I needed for my cheap DIY projector. Ended up using a sharp QA-1750 projection panel and an apollo overhead. First test flight looks good even though it is being shown on a wall and some cardboard to block the light leaks. I couldn't have done it without all your help. Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.