Post Your Results II

my setup

cmonkey, i haven't had any hotspots. i've only watched 4 movies on it, but so far if i have had them, i havent noticed.

I took this pic tonight, i would have more but the battery went dead. I'll have some more pics up tomorrow or this weekend at latest.

Attachments

• smalldscn0639.jpg
    smalldscn0639.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 9,447
wow!

After seeing all these pics, I have decided to go with the cheap but really good Ovation 822c panel :cool:. It looks really great, although I have one problem though :goodbad:. If I win an auction on ebay it will cost me like 30-60dollars for the shipping only :scratch: ..Maybe I can find some old panel here in Sweden :cannotbe: :dead: ..

Btw!! More pics!!, I want MORE PICS!! :devilr:

kl899

How are you doing with the NEC1545V? I just bought the NEC1550V and it was a pain to take apart. I still do not have the backlight completely out of the way.

Do you know anything about the grounding for these units? I saw a mention concerning additonal grounding at one point.

Is your LDC module a LG Phillips LM150X05(A3)?

Ken

i've had the lcd successfully taken apart for 2-3 weeks now. the backlight was definitely a pain. i have directions written out in a thread but to make a low story short you need to physically pry up some metal to get the backlight seperated... just use common sense of what metal needs to be pryed up. grounding was easy... just tape wire to a few metal points and you're all set... i'm not even sure if you really need grounding anyways. btw, the image looks as good as the best pics people are posting in this thread.

More INfO Proto!!!! What bulb are you using, etc... SPECIFICS!!! please, from your pics your image is excellent, Im totally happy with my setup other then I want more light, so I can use in a room that isnt totally dark.

INFO INFO INFO (or a website!)

Clok

Looks great by the way!

I got bored with my projector, but I didn't forget that it was still at the foot of my bed. I wondered how different it really was from my TV, so I ran them side by side...

<A HREF="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/madina66/ctpjtvcp.wmv">Crazy Taxi Projector-TV Comparison</A>

No wonder I haven't used it in a while... But while I didn't use it, I saved up more than enough money to get either a get-me-to-work-car or a nice down payment on a real car. If I had been using it, I probably would have spent hundreds of dollars on a new LCD panel, metal halide, and a TV-4000 or XGA Theater.

Oh well, it was fun for a while.

Setup was listed in the first post on this thread ;)

3M 9700 OHP (FXL bulb, rated 4300 lumens) with zoom lens
Sharp QA-1650 LCD panel (16.7m colors, 640x480 [720 compressed])
DaLite Matte White 70x70 screen, not used in this video, but my wall is bright white.

The TV is a 27inch Sharp TV and I just realized that it has PIP, lol.