Philips LCP 5200 projector - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2003, 01:44 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

all I can is WoW, the projector does what it was meant to do, and it projected well, bright, good colour, and it still has 3200hours left.

a question though, should I connect it through my ATI all-in-wonder card via SVIDEO or through the normal vga cable?

what is your opinion?
Old 23rd January 2003, 02:27 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by daRkStar
a question though, should I connect it through my ATI all-in-wonder card via SVIDEO or through the normal vga cable?
what is your opinion?
Definetly trough VGA, image will be much much more sharper (you may test it to see the difference yourself) and preferably use the highest native resolution of the projector.

Regards
HB
Old 23rd January 2003, 03:28 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

that's what I thought, through the VGA cable, it certainly makes a big difference.

surprisingly the fan doesn't produce too much noise, but it does speeds up and then slows down every once in a while. I heard and seen DIY "hush box", is it wise to enclose the projector in another/outer casing, will it get hotter?

I'm creating a website of my "adventures" with projectors and the things I learn, can I say a little bit about you HB, like "wow that guy knows a lot about projectors, and lights and stuff". and maybe direct my visitors to the site here or your email address if they have a questions on projectors.
Old 23rd January 2003, 05:58 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by daRkStar
surprisingly the fan doesn't produce too much noise, but it does speeds up and then slows down every once in a while. I heard and seen DIY "hush box", is it wise to enclose the projector in another/outer casing, will it get hotter?

Well, it definetly will, so if you are going to do that make sure that the "hush" box has enough ventilation, at least few fans (maybe on lower voltages to keep the noise down). Be careful. I think it would be a good idea to monitor the temperatures especially near LCDs. Measure the temperature near lcds on standard setup (those in/out digital thermometers are really handy at least if you rip the out sensor free of all extra plastic and such) so you'll be able to compare the results to those results you get when the thing is in the box. If the temperature is a lot higher (like 10c) then definetly add more ventilation to your "hush box". Mine has 12cm fan running on about 7 volts.

Quote:
I'm creating a website of my "adventures" with projectors and the things I learn, can I say a little bit about you HB, like "wow that guy knows a lot about projectors, and lights and stuff". and maybe direct my visitors to the site here or your email address if they have a questions on projectors.
Heh, ok, I am flattered, but please... I don't know anything like amazingly much about stuff, I just read and read and put things together and think about it a lot. I do know something about everything and that helps me with understanding things and I am keen on optimizing things and solving problems concerning technology even tough all I know about things is gained at school and college and by self-teaching through my life....

Regards
HB
Old 14th June 2010, 11:03 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default philips lcp 5201? really?

does anyone still have one of these and wants to sell it,id be interested.
also looking for a viewsonic pj350 for parts. or a working bulb for one that someone could give me a good deal on.

thanks

Keith.
Old 2nd July 2010, 08:38 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Darkstar
dude you still have that LCP 5200 PROJECTOR? if you do would you consider selling it? if so message me and lets talk some business.

thanks

Keith.
Old 25th July 2010, 12:05 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

I sure wish all you want to retrofitters would do more reading. Everything you want to attempt has been tried and posted with results. Read more research some then plan your project.
Old 25th November 2012, 10:14 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

if anyone comes across one of these (the phillips LCP 5000,5100,or 5200) and want to sell it..please let me know..im very interested in this projector as long as the price is on the ground.
not interested in the LCP 6000.)
Old 9th December 2012, 10:42 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

if anyone frequents this sight in 2012 and has a Phillips LCP 5000-5200 and would like to sell it..please hit me up and let me know.

Hide this!Advertise here!