Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > DIY HiFi Supply

DIY HiFi Supply Parts and Kits from Diy HiFi Supply

Old 25th December 2013, 12:34 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Ladyday LD+/MK2 LD91 (2005)_main transformer+choke

Hi
I bought the LD91 mono blocks 2005, but used (because of the speakers ) the ELLA with COLE only. Now I want to change the system using high efficiency speakers with LD91+DJANGO+COLE and so I finished the assembling of the LD91 last year. From Brian I had the last updated manual version 1.91.
__After switch on I had mechanical hum with one of the main toroid transformers (noise because of quality, size too small, sharp calculation). After discussions with Simon I decided to get 2 new ones from a nearby transformer shop. The transformers will be the EI type because the toroid ones would be too big for the cover size Is there a recommendation how to install/rotate it, to get no EMI problems?
__After the rectifier tube there is a splitted choke marked with stars in the diagrams. One part is in the ground line. The circuit diagram is different from the wiring diagram. Is the direction free?

Hide this!Advertise here!