help with final steps of LD91 build - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > DIY HiFi Supply

DIY HiFi Supply Parts and Kits from Diy HiFi Supply

Old 11th November 2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Toride is offline Toride  Belgium
diyAudio Member

Default help with final steps of LD91 build

Hi,
I am finally going to finish the LD91 monos that I started a long (!) time ago. I'm building with the Tent Labs filament supply board directly. I have made most of the connections - I just need to attach and connect the Tent board, connect up, check everything several times (I'm a nervous builder!) and test.

Could anyone tell me how best to attach the Tent boards to the amplifier chassis?

Thanks for any help !
Nick
Old 12th November 2011, 08:49 AM   #2
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toride View Post
Could anyone tell me how best to attach the Tent boards to the amplifier chassis?
Use suitable threaded stand-off's like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

Ciao T
Old 15th November 2011, 09:50 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Thorsten,
Thanks for taking time to reply - much appreciated. I thought this would be it - but I can't see any means of attaching the spacers to the chassis (no tapped holes or protruding bolts). Does this mean I have to drill and tap holes in the chassis for the stand-offs? I'm wary of doing this as the transformers are in this region of the chassis. (I have a picture of finished mono with the Tent boards over the 16V 15000F caps/rectifier bridge. I assume I have to remove the caps before attaching the Tent board.)
Thanks again for the help.
Nick
Old 16th November 2011, 05:06 AM   #4
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Hi,

Quote:
Thanks for taking time to reply - much appreciated. I thought this would be it - but I can't see any means of attaching the spacers to the chassis (no tapped holes or protruding bolts). Does this mean I have to drill and tap holes in the chassis for the stand-offs?
Just drill holes and use screws through the chassis.

Quote:
I'm wary of doing this as the transformers are in this region of the chassis.
You need to dismount the Transformers before drilling the chassis. With a little ingenuity the screws can be hidden under the transformers if countersunk screws are used.

Quote:
I have a picture of finished mono with the Tent boards over the 16V 15000F caps/rectifier bridge. I assume I have to remove the caps before attaching the Tent board.
Sorry, Tent Labs stopped supplying diyhifisupply quite a few years ago, so I am unsure how things looked and where handled back then.

The boards require a direct AC feed, so you need to remove the original bridge and capacitor though.

Ciao T
Old 25th November 2011, 07:05 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi,
Thanks again for the info. I suppose I should have drilled and mounted the Tent boards before connecting up. Are there any things to be wary of before dismounting the transformers?
Greets,
Nick

Hide this!Advertise here!