help with final steps of LD91 build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I am finally going to finish the LD91 monos that I started a long (!) time ago. I'm building with the Tent Labs filament supply board directly. I have made most of the connections - I just need to attach and connect the Tent board, connect up, check everything several times (I'm a nervous builder!) and test.

Could anyone tell me how best to attach the Tent boards to the amplifier chassis?

Thanks for any help !
Nick

Hi Thorsten,
Thanks for taking time to reply - much appreciated. I thought this would be it - but I can't see any means of attaching the spacers to the chassis (no tapped holes or protruding bolts). Does this mean I have to drill and tap holes in the chassis for the stand-offs? I'm wary of doing this as the transformers are in this region of the chassis. (I have a picture of finished mono with the Tent boards over the 16V 15000µF caps/rectifier bridge. I assume I have to remove the caps before attaching the Tent board.)
Thanks again for the help.
Nick

Hi,

Thanks for taking time to reply - much appreciated. I thought this would be it - but I can't see any means of attaching the spacers to the chassis (no tapped holes or protruding bolts). Does this mean I have to drill and tap holes in the chassis for the stand-offs?

Just drill holes and use screws through the chassis.

I'm wary of doing this as the transformers are in this region of the chassis.

You need to dismount the Transformers before drilling the chassis. With a little ingenuity the screws can be hidden under the transformers if countersunk screws are used.

I have a picture of finished mono with the Tent boards over the 16V 15000µF caps/rectifier bridge. I assume I have to remove the caps before attaching the Tent board.

Sorry, Tent Labs stopped supplying diyhifisupply quite a few years ago, so I am unsure how things looked and where handled back then.

The boards require a direct AC feed, so you need to remove the original bridge and capacitor though.

Ciao T

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.