SE Universal OPT 2k2 - 7k5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > DIY HiFi Supply

DIY HiFi Supply Parts and Kits from Diy HiFi Supply

Old 1st November 2011, 09:26 PM   #1
OleBull is offline OleBull  Norway
diyAudio Member

Default SE Universal OPT 2k2 - 7k5

Hi, do anyone have any experience or knowledge of this output transformers from DIY HiFi Supply?

http://www.diyhifisupply.com/node/324

Have they been supplied with any of the kits? Are there better options with both 3k and 5k or 3.5k and 5k primary windings? They will be used in a Tubelab Simple SE, at least as a start.

Any input is most welcome!
Old 2nd November 2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleBull View Post
Hi, do anyone have any experience or knowledge of this output transformers from DIY HiFi Supply?

http://www.diyhifisupply.com/node/324

Have they been supplied with any of the kits? Are there better options with both 3k and 5k or 3.5k and 5k primary windings? They will be used in a Tubelab Simple SE, at least as a start.

Any input is most welcome!
I used them (in fact, had them designed) for my WE 91 Amp copy. They have been supplied with some of the SE Kits. I based my specifications mostly on the Tango XE20S with some small changes.

Primary inductance is somewhat limited, so while you can run a 10Y with this Transformer set at 8K, but I would suggest that such an amplifier may be a little challenged in the ultimate lows. It works very well at 5k with a 45 for example.

Ciao T
Old 2nd November 2011, 05:15 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for your valuable input. I am planning to use the OPTs in a Tubelab Simple SE with EL34's. Do they have any tap for UL mode operation?

Future usage of the OPTs will probably be in a Tubelab SE with 300B (or maybe 45). Any thoughts on how they will perform in this application and how they would compare to more expensive transformers (e.g. Tango XE20S and various Silk OPTs) based on the experience with your WE 91 amp copy?

Thanks again!
Old 3rd November 2011, 07:35 AM   #4
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Hi,

Quote:
Do they have any tap for UL mode operation?
Quote:
Any thoughts on how they will perform in this application and how they would compare to more expensive transformers (e.g. Tango XE20S and various Silk OPTs) based on the experience with your WE 91 amp copy?
The transformers perform well with 300B, 2A3 and 45. Sound quality is good. Paying more for Tango or Silk mostly gets a little more detail. You need to go for permalloy core transformers to get a real step up.

Ciao T
Old 7th November 2011, 08:23 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thorsten, your input is most appreciated!

From what I have learned from the tube forum and Tubelab forum, James JS-6123HS seems like a contender (at least in the looks department) in the same price range:

http://www.tubeaudiokits.com/PARTS/JS-6123HS.pdf

Do anyone have any thoughts or experience with both the James and the SE Universal OPT from DIY HiFi Supply? I find it rather difficult to decide on the OPT's, so all input is most welcome!

Hide this!Advertise here!