Lux91 Monoblocks - Our Best Ever - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > DIY HiFi Supply

DIY HiFi Supply Parts and Kits from Diy HiFi Supply

Old 28th January 2012, 12:52 PM   #31
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkl View Post
Hi NG -would you mind telling me where you think the hifi malls in Guangzhou are, or the name of the two places? I'd like to make a trip there to take a look too.
Why not bring together a few hifi enthusiasts and go together. Guangzhou also has many tasty restaurants.

If you guys are in HK, you should also check Avant Garde Hong Kong one of these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkl View Post
Hi Thorsten - what are your thoughts on pairing the Tram2 and Lux91 monos with Troels Gravensen's TWQT IIs? Uses an Audax TW034 tweeter and a custom made SEAS JA8008 driver. It has a stated efficiency of 95db.
Never tried that combo, but on numbers alone (also impedance) they should be ok on the Lux 91 4 ohm Tap...

Ciao T
Old 28th January 2012, 04:42 PM   #32
NG is offline NG  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi HKL:

One of the place I think is the building next to Lite Audio (????|????|LITE AUDIO ???? ????????????? - Powered by MvM mall). The other place is should be 广州市海珠区南华中路388号豪丰大厦高盈国际电子城. I have been there before and I remember I have seen someone making very nice speaker cabinets, an old person, the craftsman type.

Actually, I am planning to build the DTQWT, that is why I need a decent speaker cabinet.

Best regards,
NG
Old 29th January 2012, 09:07 AM   #33
hkl is offline hkl  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Thorsten / NG

Thanks for your replies. Indeed we can consider a trip up to Guangzhou to check out the shops there - anyone else live in HK / GZ and are interested? I haven't been to the two places you mentioned before so should be an eye-opener.

I'm interested in finding a decent speaker builder in our region too. Although I probably won't take the plunge until I sell my Roksan speakers, it doesn't hurt to look and learn! I was more attracted to either Troels's TQWT (because of the smaller cabinet size), or the AN-E'ish lookalikes as discussed above with Thorsten.

Regards
HKL
Old 29th January 2012, 11:27 AM   #34

Hi,

HKL/NG

Drop me a line via PM.

Maybe we can line things up for when I'm next in the HK/SZ/GZ Metroplex.

I can also introduce you to some HK DIY Enthusiasts if you like...

Ciao T
Old 29th January 2012, 02:06 PM   #35
NG is offline NG  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Hi Thorsten, HKL:

I would love to organize or help organize a trip to Guangzhou, but work has just resume (after Chinese New Year) so really don't know when I will have the time.

But if I pass by Guangzhou during one of my next business trip to Guangzhou, I will definitely find some more info and post it on this site.

Best regards,
NG
Old 30th January 2012, 02:19 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Gents,

I also live in HK and after Thorsten told me about the place when I was at the DIY shop me and my friend where interested to join. In the meantime I told someone else about this and he also likes the idea. We could team up.

Cheers,
Erik
Old 31st January 2012, 08:31 AM   #37

Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havdtorius View Post
I also live in HK and after Thorsten told me about the place when I was at the DIY shop me and my friend where interested to join. In the meantime I told someone else about this and he also likes the idea. We could team up.
Looks we have quite a few people from HK.

Might be best if we all meet up one evening for a few brews and a natter.

First Wednesday of the month used to be the traditional day for the London HiFi Club, as it rarely is taken by anything.

Could be the start of the Hong Kong HiFi Circle...

(BTW, I do not volunteer for editor of Newsletter, but I can probably hook up some interesting listening sessions)

I vote Knutsford Terrace in TST.

All in favour and interested, drop me a PM, do feel free to invite friends interested in HiFi/DIY. In theory first of month is tomorrow, I won't be able to make that, but Wed the 8th would be dandy for me as I have business in TST anyway.

Ciao T
Old 29th September 2012, 04:35 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Looks like it could be a nice setup
Old 7th February 2013, 08:35 PM   #39
hum4god is offline hum4god  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 300b Tube rolling for LUX

Hi

i was wondering what experiences people have made re Tube rolling.

as i understand the LUx runs the 300b a little harder then usual and i was wondering if it would be more appropriate to use the higher power 300b tubes from KR audio ( 300bxls) , Vaic, Emission Labs ?

anybody tried the Psvane or the TJ carbon , there is also a Sophia Carbon+ ?

if owners of the lux could share their experience that would be much appreciated .

thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 12:50 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

I have the Lux and use the TJ Carbons. I have been very happy with them and they have been running for over 2 years with considerable use and I have not had any issue.

Hide this!Advertise here!