Active Bias System module questions / usage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Posted this in DIY HiFi's forum at the Asylum also:

Brian....a few questions on this for a unique usage.

I'm building a pair of mono amps, separate chassis for each.
They will be a 2 stage amp with the stages direct coupled and using stacked power supplies. One P.S. at about B+ 450v and the other about B+ at 1.1KV. Driver stage tube will be a DHT EML 20b and the output tube will be an Eimac 304TL, also a DHT. Both will have independant DC power supplies for their filament voltage.

The bias requirements on the driver is -12.1 volts, filament requirement is 5v @ 1.4 amps. It will be using a shunt regulated voltage regulated DC power supply.

The bias reuirements for the 304TL are -68v, the filament requirement is 5v @ 25 amps. It will be using a stand alone SMPS (switching mode power supply)

Can I use the Active Bias Supply in this situation? and how would you propose hook-up?

Thanks and Regards

Jeff Davison

Jeffrey,

Allow me to chip in...

2 stage amp with the stages direct coupled and using stacked power supplies.

Can I use the Active Bias Supply in this situation? and how would you propose hook-up?

Short and sweet, no. It may be possible to design the ABS into the circuit, but it is unlikely and one would need the full schematic (and a designer willing to do this).

Kind regards Thorsten

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.