diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   DIY HiFi Supply (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-hifi-supply/)
-   -   DHT OTL Linestage - Tram 2 (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-hifi-supply/156854-dht-otl-linestage-tram-2-a.html)

xerocomm 10th August 2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julianr (Post 2261070)
Chris - thanks for your insight - I will seriously consider building this, need to justify the cost!

Julianr, Either way try to get a demo established. The Tram2 is worth every penny, although this is ONLY my opinion - your tastes may be different. Let us know if we can support you in any way. If you have not worked with (assembled) the DIY HiFi Supply products, you are in for a plesent surprise.

clivetjm 10th August 2010 09:23 PM

Julian, I'm in Bowdon (Altrincham), 50 miles via the M62. Due to holidays and work travel I won't be around until the end of the month. There's always bank holiday weekend.

xerocomm 10th August 2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julianr (Post 2268632)
I am in Halifax so not a million miles away, have you diy'd it?

Looks like you have many options. Sounds like clivetjm is at your backdoor. If that does not work out, let us know. We ship daily to the UK (Audio Note), so we could slip in an extra box for little $$$.

julianr 10th August 2010 10:01 PM

xerocomm thanks for your kind offers, I think I should try and hear before buying and should manage to arrange something over here as clive is not far away.

clivetjm - sorry I did not make the connection with the review. I would like to try and hear the tram, I will check my work schedule but I think I am free most of the bank holiday weekend - that is if she who must be obeyed has not arranged anything. What would be good for you.

clivetjm 10th August 2010 10:04 PM

Sending a PM....

julianr 10th August 2010 10:05 PM

thanks

xerocomm 10th August 2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julianr (Post 2268898)
xerocomm thanks for your kind offers, I think I should try and hear before buying and should manage to arrange something over here as clive is not far away.

clivetjm - sorry I did not make the connection with the review. I would like to try and hear the tram, I will check my work schedule but I think I am free most of the bank holiday weekend - that is if she who must be obeyed has not arranged anything. What would be good for you.

No problem, makes sense - just wanted to open the door. Let me know if you need anything or if you would like a quote on the Tram2.

xerocomm 11th August 2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcherry (Post 2260460)
Enjoythemusic has just posted the world's first review of the Tram2.

This was a very well conducted review. The reviewer understood exactly the point of a DHT linestage its care and feeding. Please note the 'Fettling Guide'
Have a read here

We've finally sourced a compact remote control which we will program and make available as an option.

Some notes about tubes: NOS sound rich but difficult to get a pair quiet enough for linestage use. With the Herbie guitar dampers, Tj and other modern production 2A3/45 can be used. Note re EML that tube pins 2/3 are oversized compared to NOS spec and will damage teflon tube socket pins grippers. We have both EML 2a3 and 45 here and that is our experience.

Brian,

What is the retail cost on the remote? When can we order it?

bcherry 12th August 2010 03:46 AM

Cost is 25USD.
I expect delivery next week.
Brian

JimU 15th August 2010 06:03 PM

Sizzling.

Hi, The repetitive sizzling mentioned in the EnjoyTheMusic review could be some instability in the PS/CCS, will this be investigated? Tnx, Jim