Turntable Parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Design:
-True Inverted construction. Ceramic ball bearing sits at the same plane as the drive belt, giving perfect alignment and bearing stability.
-Optimal lubrication. Oil feeder channels constantly push oil into the top section of the bearing for minimum rotational friction losses.
Hollow spindle allows adding lubricant from the top

Materials:
-nylon bearing plate at the top of the bearing case
-ceramic ball
-non-magnetic spindle
-non-magnetic phosphor bronze bearing case, nickel plating

the materials were chosen for their mechanical and tonal characteristics. This particular Japan-made phosphor bronze is very expensive and is used by a famous saxophone manufacturer, whose instruments are made from it in their entirety and are known for their deep rich tones. Remember that a turntable is a mechanical device and each material used contributes to it tonal balance - especially so the bearing.

Bearing fits 37mm thick platter, is 20mm in diameter and with a hollow spindle that extends 20mm from top of bearing.

Picture shows the bearing case before/after plating.

Includes: spindle, bearing casing, ceramic ball, nylon thrust pad, mounting bolt (extends up to 18mm for mounting in 1mm thick base)

I installed one in our well run-in demo BIX and had to turn back the speed a bit so very nice fit on these.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Re: Turntable Bearing

Brian,

have you computed prices for these yet? All I found was the blog entry on your website and no pricing or availability.

Thanks

Jeff

QUOTE]Originally posted by bcherry
Design:
-True Inverted construction. Ceramic ball bearing sits at the same plane as the drive belt, giving perfect alignment and bearing stability.
-Optimal lubrication. Oil feeder channels constantly push oil into the top section of the bearing for minimum rotational friction losses.
Hollow spindle allows adding lubricant from the top

Materials:
-nylon bearing plate at the top of the bearing case
-ceramic ball
-non-magnetic spindle
-non-magnetic phosphor bronze bearing case, nickel plating

the materials were chosen for their mechanical and tonal characteristics. This particular Japan-made phosphor bronze is very expensive and is used by a famous saxophone manufacturer, whose instruments are made from it in their entirety and are known for their deep rich tones. Remember that a turntable is a mechanical device and each material used contributes to it tonal balance - especially so the bearing.

Bearing fits 37mm thick platter, is 20mm in diameter and with a hollow spindle that extends 20mm from top of bearing.

Picture shows the bearing case before/after plating.

Includes: spindle, bearing casing, ceramic ball, nylon thrust pad, mounting bolt (extends up to 18mm for mounting in 1mm thick base)

I installed one in our well run-in demo BIX and had to turn back the speed a bit so very nice fit on these.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
[/QUOTE]

Brian do you have an image showing the mounting to a plinth, or at least a shot from the underside of the spindle with the mounting bolt fitted.

Thanks, very keen to try one in a new DIY deck.
This is what i can lay my hands on. 2 lengths of mounting bolts are available to allow different thickness plinth.

Attachments

• BearingAprtSmallMounted.jpg
    BearingAprtSmallMounted.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 980
Briannnn,

The question is still on : What keeps the lubricant from coming out the bottom of the bearing assembly?

Please make it clear for us.

And do you have TT acrylic platters for sale? they are no longer at your site. I'm interested in this pair plus motor for to drive them

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.