LCR Phono the EZ Way - Vinyl Song

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Morten,

thanks for your reply - in the meantime I was also certain that they are both coupling caps - however the question is still , if the different values you used will have an impact on the frequency response or have they been originally just overvalued.

Do you still use the VS ? Did you do any more changes ?

Thanks & best regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

No impact on the freq response. The caps ''see'' a fairly high impedance and therefore does not need to be that big.

I have not done more mods, than you see here in the thread (and I don't know how more would fit inside the box) ;) I'm especially pleased with the 24 position switch I implemented for cartridge loading. I have used that a lot since the optimum loading is critical with some cartridges - for instance VDH that I use.

See this thread... I'm on my way out of this bizz... http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-hifi-supply/156854-dht-otl-linestage-tram-2-a-98.html

I guess you can call it a hard cut, but it does not feel like a hard cut to me :)

BTW: I was just reading your previous posts again, and I notice you have hum and want to build a bigger box... This should not be necessary. Mine is completely quite with no noise or hum at all. And that is on MC with the step up's at the 1:40 setting (worse case scenario for hum).

I also made a hard cut in the last weeks - bought a Klipsch Cornwall and a Solid State Amp - did not even try some of my tubes anymore. Thats why I have the VS sitting here since a while and all upgrade Components (Caps, Casing , transformer) and not even started to built it. Listening to my old Aqvox Phono is good enough don't even bothering of what might be possible with the VS - maybe in winter I will built the VS :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.