Plextor cd-rom for audio- what do U think???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
Well, finally I got my Plextor working as an outside-of-the-pc CD player. At the moment using build-in dac and buffer consisting
of opa627 and buf634. Well, we'll see what happens when I subsitutute this crap one-chip dac/filter with something like
ad1853 or pcm1730(I have therse two to choose).
It might me interesting because now is sounds better than I've
expected :cool:

some pics as I get my digital camera back ;)

Adam

Well, finally I got my Plextor working as an outside-of-the-pc CD player. At the moment using build-in dac and buffer consisting
of opa627 and buf634.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you post details of how you have done this electronically?;)

Well, Cradle22 - I understand your point of view, however I DO
hear differences between different digital coaxial cables and
cd players with things like blue LEDs etc.

I find it curious that these various experiments such as freezing CDs, shining blue light inside transports, using exotic cables, etc. always seem to have a beneficial effect on the sound. Why are there no reports of detrimental effects from such experiments?

Stu

I find it curious that these various experiments such as freezing CDs, shining blue light inside transports, using exotic cables, etc. always seem to have a beneficial effect on the sound. Why are there no reports of detrimental effects from such experiments?

--------------------------------

People don't report -ve results. Some exptice cables, for example, are unsuited to certain systems.

Where can I find information

Where can I find information about the signal path from the laser reading the cd to the signal comes out as spdif in the DVDROM?

Perhaps some one can share their experience of the sound using DVDROM in a good audio set.

Is there some modifications to recommend in the DVDROM.
I use the Aopen X16 in mye audio set.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.