philips cd930 service manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've worked on a CD940 a bit, but only on the main board. I don;t have any schematics for the display (mainly because I think this is the main bit they change to differentiate between models).

can you trace the voltages going into the display board and see if there are any anomalies?

When you used the display from a different CDP, did you use its ribbon cable, or the ribbon cable from the faulty player?

Not being familiar with the board, that's what I'd do first.

Cheers,
Phil

I conect other display board in this philips cd and it is ok,problem in display board,I replace all transistors but no result.I find different voltages (for two boards) on some resistors,but I dont know what to do,bad display board procesor?but remote control work.I dont know this procesor is for buttons and remote or no,I can replace him,it is toshiba ,I have it. help me.thanks.

kaulagalvis said:
I conect other display board in this philips cd and it is ok,problem in display board,I replace all transistors but no result.I find different voltages (for two boards) on some resistors,but I dont know what to do,bad display board procesor?but remote control work.I dont know this procesor is for buttons and remote or no,I can replace him,it is toshiba ,I have it. help me.thanks.

Is it a vacuum tube display?

thanks.this problem began when I "play" with transformator,when cd was power on ,was bad contact in transformators socket,it is for display power(display no work) supply,when I conenct contact began this problem.display has power supply "......................",but something happening in display board.

Oh dear. Playing with the mains on is never a good idea.

Sounds like you've done some damage.:bawling:
I don't quite know what to recommend. Double checking voltages is a good start, which I believe you've done.
The VFD itself may well be requiring a higher voltage, maybe 18v, whereas the rest of the circuit should be 5 or 3.3v.

Is the display completely dead? Or does it just display "......", as you quoted ?

Or, maybe find another CD930/940/950 for the front panel. Maybe there's a faulty one on Ebay or something? Most likely the transport would go first, leaving the rest in good condition, of which you could use the front panel.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.