philips cd930 service manual - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th March 2007, 11:14 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default philips cd930 service manual

hello,I have problem with philips cd930,dont work servo,in display no info but it light,buttons dont work.I think that servo have no voltage .laser read disk.
I need service manual or need help.thanks.
Old 26th March 2007, 07:51 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

with remote control play ok
Old 27th March 2007, 04:31 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

problem is in display board,I have other philips cd930 and conect, display board for it no result,replace some trasistors no result,
buttons dont work, display show "...............................",with remote controler player work ok.display no.
Old 28th March 2007, 09:14 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I've worked on a CD940 a bit, but only on the main board. I don;t have any schematics for the display (mainly because I think this is the main bit they change to differentiate between models).

can you trace the voltages going into the display board and see if there are any anomalies?

When you used the display from a different CDP, did you use its ribbon cable, or the ribbon cable from the faulty player?

Not being familiar with the board, that's what I'd do first.

Cheers,
Phil
Old 28th March 2007, 07:05 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I conect other display board in this philips cd and it is ok,problem in display board,I replace all transistors but no result.I find different voltages (for two boards) on some resistors,but I dont know what to do,bad display board procesor?but remote control work.I dont know this procesor is for buttons and remote or no,I can replace him,it is toshiba ,I have it. help me.thanks.
Old 28th March 2007, 08:49 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kaulagalvis
I conect other display board in this philips cd and it is ok,problem in display board,I replace all transistors but no result.I find different voltages (for two boards) on some resistors,but I dont know what to do,bad display board procesor?but remote control work.I dont know this procesor is for buttons and remote or no,I can replace him,it is toshiba ,I have it. help me.thanks.
Is it a vacuum tube display?
Old 30th March 2007, 11:11 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Yes, it is a VFD, or vacuum tube display.

It is quite plausible that the display module is broken, but the rest of the circuitry is still fine (including IR).
I assume the keys on the front panel also work?

Cheers,
Phil
Old 30th March 2007, 12:19 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I replace all keys,I think that procesor is bad or it havent signal or voltage,I think to change procesor,but I waiting for service manual,perhaps proc is good.I think that problem in proc,because buttons dont work,procesor have voltage because show".............".
Old 30th March 2007, 12:51 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Processors can of course fail, but I'd be surprised. Unless there is a firmware issue, a processor will either work or no at all. Considering the IR is working (unless that isn't serviced by the processor) I think the processor is okay.
Old 30th March 2007, 01:27 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

thanks.this problem began when I "play" with transformator,when cd was power on ,was bad contact in transformators socket,it is for display power(display no work) supply,when I conenct contact began this problem.display has power supply "......................",but something happening in display board.

Hide this!Advertise here!