part# for spare part for CDM-1 wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for a spare part for a CDM-1 transport.
It's part #52 on the attached drawing. Someone glued the teflon screw (#51) in and I can't get if off.

Does somebody knows the Philips part number of this part? Then I could try to order it.

Thanks.

Attachments

• cdm1.jpg
    cdm1.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 121
Joe,

Get a Torx screwdriver of proper size, and it will come out easily. But you don't need that special screw in any case. It can be replaced with a brass screw of same size, the bottom flattened with a file and fine sandpaper (or better machined flat.). The bottom of the spindle is round, and it slips on the flat surface. A very small amount of oil might be useful here.

Thanks for your reply but there is absolutely no way to remove the screw :whazzat: in this palyer as somebody has glued it in. I could drill it out but then I have to re-cut the thread and I don't know it's size. It doesn't look like a standard thread but as you've said that a brass screw fits I might be able to identify the thread with this new information.

Btw. I already have a new teflon screw, one can buy for about 2,5 Euro, so that's not the problem.

joe

Joe,

I measured the screw for you. It is M6,5 x 0,5 thread, 3,5 mm long. There is a hex key (Allen key) slot of 2,5 mm at the bottom. There is a steel pad of D=2,5 mm, 0,5 mm thick glued at the top. So the ballpoint end of the spindle is supported by this steel pad, not slipping on teflon. I suppose it will be hard to find a replacement, but perhaps a skilled mechaniker can do it for you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.