Repair of Teac CMK4 Drive

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Krell KAV300CD which has the same problem. . The service dealer (who used to do Krell repairs but no longer does so due to the non-availability of spare parts in South Africa) says that two gears in the CD mechanism have worn teeth and need to be replaced. He says that it is a quick and easy job but is not prepared to try source the gears. He says the unit is a CMK4 but cannot give me part numbers as he does not have the service manual. I have tried to find a manual on the internet but the manuals refer to the TEAC CD players rather than the CD mechanisim. As far as I can gather the TEAC VRDs T1 has CMK mechanism but I am not sure.
Any ideas where I might source as manual which covers the CMK 4 mechanism and or spare gears?
Dale

I have a Krell KAV300CD which has the same problem. . The service dealer (who used to do Krell repairs but no longer does so due to the non-availability of spare parts in South Africa) says that two gears in the CD mechanism have worn teeth and need to be replaced. He says that it is a quick and easy job but is not prepared to try source the gears. He says the unit is a CMK4 but cannot give me part numbers as he does not have the service manual. I have tried to find a manual on the internet but the manuals refer to the TEAC CD players rather than the CD mechanisim. As far as I can gather the TEAC VRDs T1 has CMK mechanism but I am not sure.
Any ideas where I might source as manual which covers the CMK 4 mechanism and or spare gears?
Dale
I've just replaced the 2-step gear. See the thread TEAC VRDS T1 broken gear. Detailed instructions with part numbers and supply sources listed.

Gear replacement

Thanks. I managed to get hold of a TEAC VRDS T1 service manual and indentify the required part numbers which are recognised by Krell. I have ordered a 2nd 2 step gear which I plan to tape inside the unit cover it case the new one fails in 10years time because it seems a common problem (by the way their price for the gear is USD 15).

I just had a KAV-300cd strip that same gear. Teac USA did not reply yet. Krell did and said the gear can be had for 12 USD. each. This same deck had a failure on the audio board due to leaking Nichicon capacitors, one shorted a trace. Replaced all 28 of them and the audio problem cured. Then the gear immediately failed after that!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.