Marantz CD63 with AES/EBU output mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,
I'm wanting to perform this mod to my player so that I can interface it with my DCX2496 using AES/EBU digital interface.
On the current digital output stage of my player, I'm having this thought.

RT01 and RT02 seems like a voltage divider to lower down the voltage suitable for spdif. Since this is AESEBU which requires full +/- 2.5V pp, I would think to bypass RT01 and remove RT02.

Output from the LT01 goes to pin 2 and pin3 of balanced output with pin1 to ground.

Remove all other unnecesary caps of CT02,03,04.

What do you think? Will it work?

Attachments

• aesebu.gif
    aesebu.gif
    12.2 KB · Views: 471
AES/SPDI vs RCA COAXIAL ON A CD 63

Hello.

You want to modify the MARANTZ CD 63 RCA "coaxial" output to change it into a AES/SPDIF CONNECTION to connect with a BERHINGER ULTRADRIVE DCX 2496. Did I understood well?

The french site http://www.dcx2496.fr shows a tweak concerning the DCX 2496 : changing the digital input, AES/SPDIF standard, into a RCA input (actually a unbalanced 75 ohm impedance).

Why not check the french proposal before tweaking your CD?

:smash: :smash:

simply make the rca to xlr adaptor suggested in the hand book ....

rca signal to pin 2 xlr ...pin 1 and 3 to rca ground.

this works very well and I use it to feed my deq from a quad99cdp2...but I hear you say thats not got a digital coax output ...well I fitted one of those too....[dead easy!]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.