Can anyone tell me the ptp voltage output of: Ipod Dock and M-Audio Audiophile 2496?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all,

I'm designing the voltage gain circuit on a Tripath TK2050 amplifier.

In order to choose the resistance values, I need to know the maximum peak-to-peak voltage (at full volume) of my two most common sources - my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 soundcard and an Ipod in an ipod dock.

So, if anyone has these measurements, or would be happy to perform a rough measurement for me, it would be greatly appreciated! :D

As you may be thinking, I could measure the sound card for myself, but I would have to aquire the appropriate equipment. If it turns out I have no choice but to do this, could someone suggest a source where I can download a suitable constant tone to play whilst measuring please?

Unfortunately, I'm not in possetion of an Ipod at the moment, so I'm not sure what I'll do for that one.

Many thanks,
Peter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.