Marantz CD85 - tension selector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I would like to remove the tension selector form my cd player, but i don't know his internal connections. My net voltage is 230VAC.

The transformer have three primary connections RED (direct from active wire)/BLACK, GREY/YELLOW and RED/BLUE on the downface of transformer.

If someone have the transformer diagram, it will be very good to share. It reference is WA 834 / 3112 384 30904.

Thanks,

Attachments

• tension selector.jpg
    tension selector.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 161
You don't need a diagram, just use the voltometer and check the connections of the cables in your voltage settings. In every set point some cable short primaries and some are unused. Just copy these connections with short and thick cables right at the transformer on main PCB. Have done that many times to Marantz CD 65/75/85. All of them use the same switch that you showed on the picture.

Bartek

Halo,

Thank you for the picture. I asked for it becouse I was intrigued by the white color of the main board, but I can see it is only power board that is white. As I remember the CD 85 I had didn't have white boards.

As to the power switch I didn't mean to measure the voltage while the CD is connected. Set it for 240V (i think it is correct for 230V european mains) and unsolder all the cables of it. Before you ansolder them mark where every cable goes (which pin). Then having unsolered switch in hand check every pin connection to each other with multimeter set for measuring diodes. The switch just shorts some of the cables and leaves some of them unconnected. For example the yellow is connected with blue, the brown is coonected with green and the black and red are unconnected (it is just example, your connections and colours will be diffrent). Then repeat that connections with short thick wires close to the board (for example using orginals cut to much shorter lenghts) wires.

Bartek

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.