Just some picture's of my finished DDDAC...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Finally, i got my dac, in a box. :cool:
The dac is a DDDAC 1543 mkII, with s/pdif / usb input, and a single 12xtda1543 tower. - The little pcb at the backside of the dac, is for connecting digital in from toslink or coax.
The dac, had been playing for some time, but i just finished the box today, and now i can't wait showing it.

Doede, the father of dddac, has done a really great dac, easy to get working, and Doede is allways ready to answer some quick quistion's along the way.

The sound from it, is excellent (through my ear's:xeye: ).... And here is some pics.

Attachments

• dac-1.jpg
    dac-1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 697
lykkedk said:
Another one !

It looks very nice, but your RCA connectors appear to be grounded to the box. In analog circuits this can result in ground loops that make amplifiers hum. In digital circuits the added ground noise can result in higher jitter (if you care about such things).

Usually, the best way to ground input/output shielded-type connectors is to isolate them from the chassis and run shielded or twisted cable from the connector, including the ground lug, to the ground on the PCB and then use a single point to connect the PCB to the chassis.

The power supply ground should also connect to that point.

I_F

Thanks for the reply.
The DAC, is what i call thermic stable, e.g, it runs good handwarm 40-50 degree C.
It's powered from a 12vdc battery, when i turn off the dac, the charger, charges the battery.
The shield is taken from the little pcb, at the back of the dac, the cables to the shield is no longer than 30mm. The dac is completly quiet.
Ohhh... i didnt no the issue with the jitter thing (have to learn every day thanx), which could be caused by shielded rca, i will consider making that, when i get my hand on some isolated rca's., don't know if it make's any difference.
Both the usb and s/pdif part are clocked with a tent clock. and the dac is sounding beautiful...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.