Sony CDP-X303ES as transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am using my Sony CDP-X303ES player for many years now and i made allready a few modifications in the player. The modifications concern the analog output part of the player (Blackgate Caps, opamps, Tent-clock for the DAC).

Now I bought a seperate DAC and I am thinking about using this player for a transport only.

As there are no topics concerning this player on this forum, I want to ask you for some help.

1. Is this player any good for a transport (or should I use my even older Philips CD620 instead?).

2. Can I improve this players' transport? I guess i can change the old Caps on the power board for newer ones (Panasonic FC?). Another tweak is to exchange the clock for the digital part of the player (goes directly to the DSP and is somehow synchronised by the the other clock). Maybe other modifications?

Thank you.

Cheers,

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.