A little Denon DAC mod - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th June 2010, 10:23 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default denon clock mod

Hi Pmd_audio, I have had my denon 500 for years now, and I read about the mods one can do on this machine.

I would like to start with the clock mod, but it is not really clear t me where to connect the parts to the board. I have seen the photo's of you and of someone else on this site, but the pictures reveals the connection to the board.

Can you help me?

Paul
Old 23rd December 2010, 09:36 PM   #22
210 is offline 210  Germany
diyAudio Member

I found this other clock mod with just a diode and a 4.7uf capacitor.
Don't know if it works, but it'll be easy to connect the diode under
the board (between Pin 6 and 21) and the capacitor near the IC.
Regards,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ym3623b.jpg (45.3 KB, 260 views)
Old 18th January 2011, 07:47 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

The simple clock mod with one diode+cap works well in my modded DA500.
Old 19th February 2011, 07:48 PM   #24
Setter is offline Setter  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Default All is much worse, misters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
The simple clock mod with one diode+cap works well in my modded DA500.
I recently have got DA-500. Has involved presence of many inputs. Too thought to make updating because assumed, that it{he} will sound certainly worse, than mine Parasound D/AC-1000. But when has compared - the difference has turned me into a shock. At testing it was found out - DA-500 is murderer SP/DIF of a signal! At passage of a signal through DA-500 Parasound sounds approximately so as DA-500! It means, that signal SP/DIF is deformed{distorted} already in entrance circuits-комутаторах DA-500! And updating of hours, a power unit, and other updatings is as at Russian speak " Catching of fleas "! The Reason of a bad sound - bad entrance schemes{plans} and elements.
For the information - at comparison Parasound D/AC-1000 and D/AC-1500 the signal passed{took place} both through 1500, and through 1000 differences not noticeably absolutely!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Фронт.JPG (109.0 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg Пара.jpg (151.4 KB, 200 views)
Old 2nd October 2011, 09:57 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

The simple clock mod is there to prevent the entrance circuit from clock distortions.
Old 2nd October 2011, 05:47 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
The simple clock mod is there to prevent the entrance circuit from clock distortions.
I'm not saying that clock being distorted. I say that the input circuits make such distortions that the modification of clock will not give good results. First, you need to modify the input circuit, then all the rest.
Old 2nd October 2011, 06:15 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Sry for my misunderstandable reply. Here's a more untwisted sentence: The clock mod is there to disable the clock from the entrance circuit when it's not more needed (it's only needed for triggering to an incoming new data stream). Without the mod, the entrance circuit will be disturbed by the (additional) working clock (it's described in this thread before, read it from the beginning!). The entrance circuit (input receiver chip ym3626b) outputs also the spdif stream, so output can be disturbed when the ym3623b gets clock signals when it's already locked to the data stream.

Last edited by 210; 2nd October 2011 at 06:20 PM.
Old 2nd October 2011, 06:54 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Default The simple clock mod is there to prevent the entrance circuit from clock distortions

Quote:
Sry for my misunderstandable reply. Here's a more understandable version (?): The clock mod is there to disable the external clock from the entrance circuit when it's not more needed (it's only needed for triggering to an incoming new data stream). Without the mod, the entrance circuit will be disturbed by the external clock. The entrance circuit (input receiver chip ym3626b) outputs also the spdif stream, so output can be disturbed when the ym3623b gets external clock signals even if it's already locked to the data stream.

Last edited by 210; 2nd October 2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:19 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

I'll end posting here.
Old 2nd October 2011, 07:27 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Sry for my misunderstandable reply. Here's a more untwisted sentence: The clock mod is there to disable the clock from the entrance circuit when it's not more needed (it's only needed for triggering to an incoming new data stream). Without the mod, the entrance circuit will be disturbed by the (additional) working clock (it's described in this thread before, read it from the beginning!). The entrance circuit (input receiver chip ym3626b) outputs also the spdif stream, so output can be disturbed when the ym3623b gets clock signals when it's already locked to the data stream.
I do not argue with that. You're absolutely right. I'm talking about something else. I say that, in this device, very poorly made input circuits. And before you do other modifications need to fix it.

Hide this!Advertise here!