Clock integration, how to do it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend of mine have Esoteric G-OS Rubidium master clock. Since this clock has spec of 0.01ppm, he wanted to use this clock for other devices in his audio chain.

The devices are :
-Marantz CDR510
-XTA 428
-Nakamichi 1000P
-Accuphase AG28.

He asked me how to do, and I don't know how, I don't even know if it is possible.

Is it possible to use the G-OS clock to clock these 4 other devices? If it is possible, how to do it?

lumanauw said:
A friend of mine have Esoteric G-OS Rubidium master clock. Since this clock has spec of 0.01ppm, he wanted to use this clock for other devices in his audio chain.

The devices are :
-Marantz CDR510
-XTA 428
-Nakamichi 1000P
-Accuphase AG28.

He asked me how to do, and I don't know how, I don't even know if it is possible.

Is it possible to use the G-OS clock to clock these 4 other devices? If it is possible, how to do it?

Hi

Absolute accuray is a non issue for accurate audio playback, see

http://www.tentlabs.com/News/index.html

2nd item

It is very likely that the jiter of such Rubidium clock is even is worse than that of those clocks optimised for audio.

best

Guido

lumanauw said:

The devices are :
-Marantz CDR510
-XTA 428
-Nakamichi 1000P
-Accuphase AG28.

Do you know if all of the devices listed come equipped with a wordclock input ? If not, things will get a lot harder.

Hi, Guido,

Thanks for the info. I know nothing about digital.

Hi, rfbrw,

No, all of these don't have wordclock input.

This is confusing to me. The G-OS has writings "clock in 10mhz" and 4 word clock out terminal.

I opened 1 unit, the XTA428. It has 3 oscilator crystals, 24.576mhz, 25.000mhz, and 18.432mhz.

After knowing that even 1 unit have 3 crystals, I don't know what to do with my friend's willing.

His idea is to use the G-OS clock for clocking all his 4 devices. Is it possible to do it?

lumanauw said:
Hi, Guido,

Hi, rfbrw,

This is confusing to me. The G-OS has writings "clock in 10mhz" and 4 word clock out terminal.

I opened 1 unit, the XTA428. It has 3 oscilator crystals, 24.576mhz, 25.000mhz, and 18.432mhz.

After knowing that even 1 unit have 3 crystals, I don't know what to do with my friend's willing.

His idea is to use the G-OS clock for clocking all his 4 devices. Is it possible to do it?

Without a wordclock input I woudn't bother unless you know your way around PLL's and VCXO's.

lumanauw said:
Hi, Guido,

Hi, rfbrw,

Hi

The wordclock distribution is something required in studio's. If possible, I'd avoid them in your home as rfbrw points out correctly: Stay away from PLL's.

My CDplayer by the way will get a wordclock input (optional)

cheers

Guido

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.