Finished Audio Sector NOS DAC*

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2000
Paid Member
*Finished the Audio Sector NOS DAC with the help of Peter Daniel himself. I messed up a few components and Peter trouble shot and replace the broken parts. Thanks again Peter.

The DAC sound real nice out of the gate. I didn't use all the parts as suggested in the schematic. The caps are mostly all Nichicon Muse and resistors are mostly Dale/Vishay This was my first SMD project and I messed it up. :rolleyes: In anticipation, I used less costly components. Peter himself said it didn't sound bad using these parts and recommended parts that would help improved the sound as an upgrade. I have 2 Hovland MusiCaps I'll be using at the output to bypass the electrolytics. I'll try this first.

What I like immediately was the lack of sybilance in vocals. Another nice improvement is the ability to seperate instruments. There's a quicker response and instruments stop ring where they should. My Rotel 1072 sounded nice, but I can tell after some break in time, this DAC will improve even more.

I have a nice case for the DAC. I might finish it tomorrow and post a picture or two.

Thanks,

Vince

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Couple of Pics..

Attachments

• nos dac.jpg
    nos dac.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 385
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.