Interesting product for PC audio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found this product while surfing the net. It may be useful for anyone who uses thier PC for audio. It plugs into a PCI slot and is suposed to queit down the 12v and 5v power rails, there is also a "plus" ersion that you plug the power supply into. Ill attach some pics. I havent been able to find any info about it in the US, most of the info is from Japan and the pages are translates so they are a bit difficult to understand.

No-PCI noise filter

PCI noise filtering

Attachments

• 20040901newpro_sono_nopci+_02.jpg
    20040901newpro_sono_nopci+_02.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 270
PCI power "cleaner"?

Hmm, yeah, looks like it is designed to aid in reducing noise on the PCI bus power supplies (through some extra caps), while possibly bolstering the current capability and lowering supply impedance.

Definitely interesting. Despite the nice O'scope pics, I'm not convinced it would make a large difference. Assuming you have a decent PC power supply to begin with. - And a decently designed audio card. (mine is external firewire) - but I still wonder :)

-CK :xeye:

Its an interesting idea since people always are saying how you cant get good sound from a sound card because of the noisy PC power supplies?? BTW I dont believe this at all since ive heard some of the better sound cards RME, Lynx and they sounded as good if not better than alot of dacs an cd players ive heard. Anyone actually own one of these things??? Any ideas what it cost are they available in the us??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.