Anybody bought a USB DAC from Audiodiylab ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Neville.

I got the bare board with the SMT parts installed from them a while back. I got the rest of the parts from Digi-Key. Now I just need to build it. Service is good and Solomon is very responsive on his forum (and emails).

Most people on this forum as well as others prefer non-oversampling DACs to oversampled (which is what the 201 is). To be honest, I haven't compared DACs, so I don't know the difference in the sound - or, if I could even tell the difference in sound.

kec, thanks for your input. I just had my guard up because his site is not frequently updated and you need to register to see his forums. His site also lacks visual appeal, but maybe I shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

I'll put that order in, in the next day or two...thx

I have a number of their kits. I have built the PCM1793-based DAC, which sounds great. I also have one of their pre-amps, which I need to case up. I do have the USB DAC that you mention, but have not had a chance to complete it yet.

Solomon is a great guy, and was very helpful when I was building the other projects.. I won't hesitate to buy from him in the future

(no relation to them other than a satisfied customer)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.