Marantz CD42-The disk ejects but it is not closeing up...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, Has anyone experienced the problem with this model where pressing the open/close button will not close up the tray?
Pushing the tray in manually will (only) get it to close.

The TACT switch on the main board is ok and the Micro is seeing it.
The motor and orange gear wheel look all ok.

Can anyone shed some light? Cheers.

You may have greasy motor (inside - could be greasy commutator / semi shorted - requires high current to “get going"), or insufficient current drive (usually an OP with complementary transistor pair as the current boost), or slipping belt.

The uPC is seeing the button press, I recon follow the signal from uPC towards the tray motor: check the motor / belt / current drive.

Good luck,
Boky

Or push the actual switch sitting below the tray on the face plate, that said "open" button mates with when tray is closed. Ie, the switch is an open close switch but as the button part is on the tray it only allows open.... you get what I mean I hope.

Had this stupid open button on my CD850, used to push the switch below the tray on that one....

Ah ha!

Yes. Pushing the tray in does start the loading sequence up.
It also makes sense to use the play button instead.
After obtaining a copy of the S.M. I checked the entire data/drive path right up to the tray drive motor itself. I could not fault any waveform from the manual and now all is making sense. Not a bad sounding old player.
Thanks everyone for your posts...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.