Micromega Stage 3 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

Problem with the Stage 3 and I have been through the greasing webpages and checked out where to get a 12.4 but first I want to identify where the problem lies, please could you help?

I opened the top to see what happens and any CD does not spin on closing the tray, 'no disc' is then displayed.

My question is... is this normal? I half expect the CD to spin up to read the TOC.

An answer to this would be a sufficient start, if any more info is forthcoming then thanks also.

cheers,

wac38

Hi,

The CD should still spin when the tray closes whether the laser has failed or not. Check the tray closed microswitch, the power supply to the spindle motor and also check that the puck is engaging with the magnet at the top of the assembly and actually gripping the CD.

Regards,

Jon

CDM 12.4 CDM12.4

Dear All,

Fixed the problem, dead mechanism (though where I don't know). Replaced cdm12.4 with a new one bought (original stock, very rapid delivery, no problems) from:

Donberg Electronics Ltd.
Web address
Also do many other mechanisms and optics, worth a look at.

Very minor change required; cables for motors and limit switch resolderd with original cables in order to fit socket on PCB. Very easy for one with limited experience and no skill in soldering.

Cheers

wac38

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.