Are Lars's Shipping Costs Within Reason? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th January 2007, 08:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Are Lars's Shipping Costs Within Reason?

First, I'm posting this in the digital forum because I think two of Lars's products, the UWB regulator and his precision clock, will be of most interest here.

Secondly, I can't state my opinion more clearly that I think Lars's products contain first rate engineering, quality, and the prices on these products, at least to me, seem to be competitive.

My question with NewClassD.com started with going through the checkout procedure for a new Precision Audio Clock. When I neared completion of the procedure I noticed that shipping charges were going to be $33.60 Euro. To me this seemed to be quite expensive shipping. Especially in light of the fact that I just purchased some ALWSR regulator boards and Patrick is charging me 6 Euro to go from England to Canada. I took this a step further and read over at TentLabs.com that they charge about $7 Euro for shipping to most countries.

Do any of my fellow forum members think these shipping charges may be abit extravagant?

Lastly, I did email Lars and I hope he responds with some more cost effective shipping options.

Regards,
Dan
Old 8th January 2007, 09:19 PM   #2
phn is offline phn  Sweden
diyAudio Member

If insured, yes.

The site says Parts Connexion is now a distributor.
Old 8th January 2007, 10:08 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

No information on the Parts Connexion website. I phoned them and they said they're going to announce their NewClassD products in their newsletter tomorrow. They're 20km from me so shipping should be lower.

Regards,
Dan
Old 10th January 2007, 12:25 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Unfortunately NewClassD's product line did not make it into Partsconnexion's January Newsletter as promised.

Regards,
Dan
Old 10th January 2007, 01:11 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dantwomey
Unfortunately NewClassD's product line did not make it into Partsconnexion's January Newsletter as promised.

Regards,
Dan
I think I get 'A' for effort here and I also stand corrected. Chris at Partsconnexion informed me that the precison audio clocks under the name of Dexxa Technologies in the Partsconnexion January Newsletter are the NewClassD clocks. They are one and the same company.

Regards,
Dan

Hide this!Advertise here!