Philips DVD 963sa as an SACD player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am taking the liberty to ask you digital guys if anybody has already taken the lid of this player. It seems to deliver incredible worth for the money. My question is, what are the best opportunities for tweaking it.

See also this message from the loudspeaker section:
philips stuff
Jean-Paul for the most part you are right I suppose, at least for the coffee part.

It could be that Philips is now on a different road, at least it seems so with their new dvd-963sa player. It has stunning video capabilities but it is worth its money as an stand alone audio player.

I bought one last week and the first minutes right from the box it sounded already very promising. It was certainly in the same class as my well burned in scd 555es player.
It uses the ad1955 dac and opamps in the analog stage. It has a switching power supply, but a good one I heard.

I myself lack the knowledge but I hope that one of the digi's on this board is going to study this machine for tweaking and gives us a recipe.

hoi,

Jaap,
who discovered that the last commercial loudspeakers from Philips (top model FB860) is greatly overlooked by the audiophile masses. Reason for this is the prejudice that Philips never made quality audio gear. Any dutch guy who wants to sell a FB860 to me is welcome. I am prepared to exchange for a Philips coffee machine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.