who makes very low output impedance dac/cd player? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd January 2007, 08:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default who makes very low output impedance dac/cd player?

looking for somewhere in the 50 to 100 ohms(max), as i would like to try a transformer coupled volume control, if there is a assembled kit /unit even better , tubes would be lovely too
have searched a lot of sites etc but nobody mentions this
thanks in advance
Old 3rd January 2007, 08:29 PM   #2
lm317t is offline lm317t  United States
diyAudio Member

If you really wanna do it that way use an autoformer. Transformers and autoformers degrade audio a little bit and can saturate at low frequencies if you're not careful, but I guess you already know that.
Old 4th January 2007, 02:18 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Accoding to this review, Scott Nixon's Tube DAC has an output impedance of 100 ohms. Available in assembled or kit form.
Old 4th January 2007, 02:03 PM   #4
roender is offline roender  Romania
diyAudio Member

Zout: 30ohm
Rockna DAC RD2
http://www.audiokit.ro/dac_rd2.html
Old 6th January 2007, 09:06 AM   #5
Zoran is offline Zoran  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Wadia specs as 65ohm,
16 paralleled TDA1543 dacs with simple IV resistor < 65ohm,
every OP iv modified like driving high capacitive loads see Analog device and Linear technology papers...
As well as step down interstage transformers...
cheers...
Old 8th January 2007, 03:10 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

thanks for the info the rockna looks intresting ,has any one tried their non os converter, ? i clearly would like nos i have had wadia products before it just seemed more processed in sound than i like, over the weekend i checked ack new dac which states very low imp,
i do have the 1.2 version and its over 100 ohms so it must have a different i/v stage, does any one know?
i have had the scot nixon, but the inverted phase thing is a challange when you use 6 to 8 amps in my triamped diy ref system
a while back i did a transformer output after reading stefano perguini dac mod board in glass audio with lundal transformers, if you think that transformers degrade and saturate the low freq, you have to lister to this set up the most life kile bass ever
cheers

Hide this!Advertise here!