GMS cellular interference - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd January 2007, 02:42 PM   #1
stuie25 is offline stuie25  Canada
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to stuie25
Question GMS cellular interference

so i was cranking some tunes on my new laptop the other day had it hooked up to my Yahama HTR-5500 ht reciever with a fiberoptic cable. (yeah my laptop has built in digital out)
anyway i was in the kitchen and the music had stoped and my rogers gms cell phone was maybe two feet away from the computer and all of a sudden theres this wierd almost kraftwerk techno sound comeing from the liveing room , i went in and no sooner than it stopped my cell rang....i ignored it and stood there. it stopped...i waited, then the noise started again, comeing from the stereo speakers, not really a static noise, very electronic, almost a chriping, then it stoped again and a second later my call rang. i was to baffled to bother answering it.

any one else ever run into anything like this, or know what happened?

Im perplexed

STU.
Old 2nd January 2007, 02:54 PM   #2
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
HI.

It happens quite often !

That's why they don't like you using 'phones on planes and in hospitals - some interfere quite a lot.

When I had my shop a couple of years ago, the premises above were occupied by a taxi firm. Some of the taxi radios radiated more than others and the conversations were audible over pc speakers etc...

Andy

Hide this!Advertise here!