diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Digital Source (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/)
-   -   Datasheet needed (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-source/9316-datasheet-needed.html)

tortello 1st January 2003 03:17 PM

Datasheet needed

Hello,
I need the CXA 1081 Sony IC datasheet.
I tried at the Sony's website, but this part documentation is not avaible online.
There is someone which can sent me something?
Thanks
Marcello

jean-paul 1st January 2003 04:29 PM

Hello Tortello,

I don't have the datasheet but if you are searching for the chip itself I have one CXA1081S ( Dil format ) left.

Regards,

Jean-Paul

jean-paul 1st January 2003 04:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
In one of my datasheets I found this info, maybe it is of some help. I have the same scan in 600 dpi but you have to leave a mailadress where I can mail it to.

tortello 2nd January 2003 08:19 AM

Hello Jean-Paul,
thanks for your reply.
I'm not very skilled in CD-players fixing, I think that the failure is here trying to freeze the suspect components:
when I made this on the CXA1081, the player began to read the disc, when I heated it again, the player stopped.
Have you ever had any experience about this part's failure?
Thanks again and happy new year!
Marcello

jean-paul 2nd January 2003 08:56 AM

Happy new year to you too ! No, I don't have seen defective CXA1081S's but that doesn't mean a thing.
If you freeze it with spray and it plays I would call this IC defective. Did you freeze resistors as well and did you resolder all joints ? Is so, order a new chip.

tortello 2nd January 2003 09:47 PM

Hi Jean-Paul,
thanks for your advices.
I' ve just ordered the IC to a local shop (I hope he'll be able to find it). I'll let you know something about.
All the best
Marcello

tortello 28th January 2003 05:27 AM

Hello Jean-Paul,
Sony Italy was not able to give me the correct (old 30 pins) DIL version.
Could you please send to me your IC?
Thanks
Marcello

hifiZen 28th January 2003 06:59 AM

What you are looking at appears to be an RF chip, also commonly called a "read-channel processor". From the diagram, it doesn't look like a particularly modern part. In any case, it is probably a relabelled part made by another manufacturer, as Sony commonly does. Most likley TI, since they make a good deal of the world's RF chips. The chip is probably out of production for some time now, so your best bet to find a replacement is likely to be in other scrap equipment (that is, if you don't get one from jean-paul ;) ).

Anyway, the proper operation of this chip will depend to a large extent on a number of passive components external to the chip itself, usually in it's immediate vicinity... little resistors and caps. Temperature variations could be causing component values to change or intermittent shorts (eg bad solder joints) to open and close. As previsouly mentioned, check all the solder joints, and also try checking the quality of the conections between this chip and the laser pickup head.

Netlist 28th January 2003 07:29 AM

Hello tortello

If the player isn't fixed already...

What type is the player?
It rarely happens a chip is broken.
Most cd-players i repair give problems with the laser unit. First i clean the lens , if the prob is still there i replace them; 95% success. What laser unit is in there? KSS210? How old is it? Can you measure the RF-signal?

/ Hugo cleaning them all the time;)

Elso Kwak 28th January 2003 09:05 AM

CXA1081

Hi tortello,
From my experience as repairtechnician I learned these chips seldom brake down.
I agree with Hugo (netlist) that replacing the laserunit is a reoccurring solution.
:idea: