Datasheet needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
In one of my datasheets I found this info, maybe it is of some help. I have the same scan in 600 dpi but you have to leave a mailadress where I can mail it to.

Attachments

• cxa1081s.jpg
    cxa1081s.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 843
Hello Jean-Paul,
thanks for your reply.
I'm not very skilled in CD-players fixing, I think that the failure is here trying to freeze the suspect components:
when I made this on the CXA1081, the player began to read the disc, when I heated it again, the player stopped.
Have you ever had any experience about this part's failure?
Thanks again and happy new year!
Marcello

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Happy new year to you too ! No, I don't have seen defective CXA1081S's but that doesn't mean a thing.
If you freeze it with spray and it plays I would call this IC defective. Did you freeze resistors as well and did you resolder all joints ? Is so, order a new chip.

What you are looking at appears to be an RF chip, also commonly called a "read-channel processor". From the diagram, it doesn't look like a particularly modern part. In any case, it is probably a relabelled part made by another manufacturer, as Sony commonly does. Most likley TI, since they make a good deal of the world's RF chips. The chip is probably out of production for some time now, so your best bet to find a replacement is likely to be in other scrap equipment (that is, if you don't get one from jean-paul ;) ).

Anyway, the proper operation of this chip will depend to a large extent on a number of passive components external to the chip itself, usually in it's immediate vicinity... little resistors and caps. Temperature variations could be causing component values to change or intermittent shorts (eg bad solder joints) to open and close. As previsouly mentioned, check all the solder joints, and also try checking the quality of the conections between this chip and the laser pickup head.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hello tortello

If the player isn't fixed already...

What type is the player?
It rarely happens a chip is broken.
Most cd-players i repair give problems with the laser unit. First i clean the lens , if the prob is still there i replace them; 95% success. What laser unit is in there? KSS210? How old is it? Can you measure the RF-signal?

/ Hugo cleaning them all the time;)

Hello all, thanks for your help.
The Cd player is a Denon 1520, it was a good machine - with fine mechanical construction and D/A converters - but

that's true, this is an old machine (1990!!).
The laser pick-up had been changed in the 1996, the CD player could not read few discs, then more, then all of them.
So the (very expensive) replacement.
Now the behaviour is different, but I don't know if the cause is different too.
When I insert a disc in, the player sometimes refuses to read it, the rotation motor doesn't move absolutely (there are only few millivolts between the two poles, and

the motor is OK, not shorted), even if the pick up tries to focus the trace - I can see the lens movement.
When time to time it decides to work, the player work perfectly, all the discs can be read, even the mastered ones.
It seems that there is a sort of correlation between the chip freezing and the operating condition.
I'm not a digital guy, every help will be appreciated!:confused:
Thanks again
Marcello

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Tortello

Check if the cd runs free (move it by hand) when it is inserted in the player. If it doesn't change a rubber: Denon part number 4620083005. If cd runs free i would suspect the laser unit. I think it’s a KSS151A. You can try the following: on the unit there is a small trim pot. Mark it, so you can bring it in the same position afterwards. Turn it a little (i think counterclockwise) and try to play a cd. Try a few cd's. If they start playing better now, it's definitely the laser unit. 1990-1996 is 6 years. 1996-2003 is also 6 years. If you play a lot of cd's...

/Hugo - :goodbad:

hmm... actually, if the disc just isn't spinning, it very well could be either the motor or motor driver IC. You should observe the signal going to the motor to see what's happening. If the focus seems to work, then most likley the laser and photodiodes are just fine.

EFM Signal Specification

Hi,

I seem to have a problem in my CD player either with the EFM signal coming from the CXA1081 or with a processor chip (CXD 1135) sending the data signal to the DAC (PCM 56). The output of both PCM 56 is dead whereas the inpupt signal is permanently high. The EFM output of the CXA1081 has a low level of 1,5 V which does not seem to be right. The high level is approx. 4,8 V. A datasheet for the CXA1081 would be great, too. Does anybody know the specs of an EFM signal ?

Cheers

Marc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.