AD1853 DAC board for review - reward - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st December 2002, 04:56 PM   #1
tiroth is offline tiroth  United States
diyAudio Member

Default AD1853 DAC board for review - reward

My design went on a bit of a hiatus due to my recent marriage ^_^ but I'm planning on cleaning up and panelizing the design this weekend. You can see the thread here:

AD1853 ASRC/DAC boards FS?

Basically, a 192kHz upsampling DAC using AD1896 with a lot of config options as far as standalone, uC control, daughterboards, bypassing, regulation, etc.

This design is complex, and I'd appreciate having another set of eyes look things over before I send the first proto order. In return, I will ship to the reviewer one of the completed boards free and pick up the shipping.

The prerequisites here I guess would be someone experienced in digital circuit design and layout, and who is willing to spend the 30-60 minutes of careful study to really check the design. Ability to work with Protel files would be a plus, but I can dump the schematics and boards to PDF if needed.

I know a board is not much of a reward for the DRC skills of an experienced designer, but if you have an interest in this design perhaps you'll help make sure the first batch of boards is problem-free. I'd appreciate any responses.

Thank you.

More info is available at the following url. I will be making up some I-V boards and ADAT input boards in the same run.
http://www.anidian.com/audio/construct/adac_1.shtml
Old 1st January 2003, 03:41 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Mark Hathaway
Default going to give the 1896 a fast enough clock for 192k?

Howdy tiroth,

I've a bunch of the ad1896 eval boards. I'm assuming you've seen/heard one. Going to give it a clock fast enough for 192k?

It was a real dissapointment to find the eval boards could only manage 132k.

Anyway, the eval boards sound really good, best dac/upsampler i've heard so far, beats my Audio Note with BB pcm63k dac's with resistor i/v stage.

I've got all of them running from sealed lead acid batteries.

Got any idea how much you will be selling fully assembled 1896-1853 boards for?

Mark Hathaway

Hide this!Advertise here!