Upgrading From 4558 To OPA627 Is Expensive!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I was reading up on upgrading the two-channel opamps in my DVD player and found that the KIA4558F is a dual and the desired OPA627 is a single.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This requires dual OPA627's on an adapter like the one Reference Audio Mods has for $116.50! :eek:

Is there a more cost effective alternative offered by another vendor?

Regards,
Dan

Joined 2002
Paid Member
My universal player has some pluses and minuses that I'm currently dealing with. One plus is that all the audio functions are on one clearly identified board. The minus is that most of the components on it are SMD. I have given the audio board a close examination with a magnifying glass and I've yet to identify any opamps. This is not a significant point because I have limited experience in electronics. I'm going to post a clear picture of the audio board somewhere down the road. But for now I'm holding off until I completely explore my options in upgrading the SMPS that supplies this unit.

Regards,
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.