AC3 decoder IC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, do you guys know of any good decoder IC's that accpet AC and/OR DTS and decode to discrete outputs. I would like to try and build a DAC for surround. Thx for any help you can give me thx..
BTW, I have lloked for some info on this topic but doesn't seem to be very much of it..thx for any help or info you can give

These IC's are already programmed? I am not sure I should take them from you as I wouldn't want to take them if I can't use them. Is this why you have them? A guy said you could use a programmable DSP loaded with C code to do this....anybody have any ideas as to what type of DSP chip could hold and run "C" code? Does anybody know of the idea I am talking about?
I think the only way I could possibly get this idea off the ground is to find a chip and possibly proram it after I read and study up on the standard. Any help in this regard?

ROBSCIX said:
These IC's are already programmed? I am not sure I should take them from you as I wouldn't want to take them if I can't use them. Is this why you have them? A guy said you could use a programmable DSP loaded with C code to do this....anybody have any ideas as to what type of DSP chip could hold and run "C" code? Does anybody know of the idea I am talking about?
I think the only way I could possibly get this idea off the ground is to find a chip and possibly proram it after I read and study up on the standard. Any help in this regard?

All the info for the chip is in the link I provided.

I have no need for these boards; they came out of receivers that I stripped the amplifiers from.

If no one claims them they will eventually go in the garbage. If you want them all I ask for is shipping.

I know this post is a bit late in the game concerning when the last post was made, but I am currenlty designing a home theater amp with works. toslink, spdif, ipod (fully controlled by remote) etc.

Enough of that, my point is im using the cirrus logic chips for my 5.1 decoding. a cs493263, cs8416 and some nordic i2s wireless modules for transmission.

I have aquired the chips required to do it, but i wanted to confirm some of my design ideas with an existing design. theAnonymous1, in your last post you have a motorolla board with these chips onboard. I just wanted to know what this boards original purpose was (eg, from a 5.1 HT amp) and if it were possible to get a few high res images of both sides of the board.

I realise by this time as your last post says it may be in the garbage, but any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Well, it seems that there are some companies that are not as reliable as they claim... My deal has fallen through with my supplier. Not a good thing.

Once again, probably a bit late in the game but theAnonymous1, would you happen to have another one of the motrola boards laying around? if so, is there any change buying it off you, and of course, paying for it to be shipped to aus.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.