Rotel CDPs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to find out what the differences are between the following Rotel CD players (apart from cosmetic differences):

Rotel RCD855/955/ax/bx.
From the limited information I can find, they all have CDM4/19 and TDA1541(A). There were some cosmetic changes over time.....but there was also some weight loss. The RCD855 weighs 1Kg more than the RCD955....but the chassis seems basically the same. Any idea what other changes were made?

Rotel RCD865/965/ax/bx.
From the limited information I can find, they all have CDM4/19 and SAA7323. As with the RCD855/955, there were some cosmetic changes over time.....but there was also some weight loss. The RCD865 weighs 1Kg more than the RCD965....but the chassis seems basically the same. Any idea what other changes were made?

What I was told when I was in the "trade" selling Rotel is that BX denotes a premium product, AX a basic one.

This made distinctions in the range rather then AX and BX versions of the same item, the only product I know existed in both AX and BX was the RA930 as an AX and later BX but both were available at the same time.

Pre power amps tend to always be BX, entry integrateds, AX.
CD players, 930, 945 and 955 were AX, 965 BX

Hope it sheds a little light.

WRT weight loss, maybe the chassis steel got thinner....

Thanks Tubenut

Starting to make sense now......

So - there was an RCD855 and an RCD955AX. These were essentially the same except for some cosmetic differences.

And - there was an RCD865BX and an RCD965BX. Again, essentially the same except for the cosmetic differences.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.