H/K HD710 tweaking advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Leolabs said:
Well,you can first replace the main power cord with a IEC inlet,get your self a larger transfomer,replace the caps with a better quality types.

I know about the power cord and inlet.

I need advice which caps to change, where to add more capacity, where to put quality ones?

Also can somebody point out the muting transistors?

I've read it's good to change the diodes, for schochy ones, which ones, all of them?

I would appreciate more specific advice, what else can be done in the audio circuit.

I haven't success to download resp. open the service manual
The links from post #1 is death
The URL
HARMAN KARDON HD710 SM Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics
show buttoms for various download buttons like Acrobat Reader (Adobe) but I can't find the right download button for Harman's service manual.
The URL
HARMAN KARDON HD710 SM Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics
allows the download, but I can't open "r01" files without "r00" files.
Who can help?
My e-mail address: kirschner-hifi@tiefbasswiedergabe.de

The observed issue by the HD-710 with Samsung optical pick up : the player don't read and play burned CD's.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.