where to get CEC service manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CEC 3300R

Hi Paba,
I also have this player just about 3 month brand new. I do not have the service manual. It still in break in period, and I run it for only 2 CDs every time during its breaking period. Why ? Because when I open the cover there are few ICs runs very hot, you can find it by touching your finger on it, becarefull don't touch the circuit arround these ICs (the square IC as shown in my picture attached). My suggestion and I will, is to put heat sink on top of these ICs to prolonged the live service of this very nice CD Player. It is also a very good player, as I have compared it against my old Denon DCD 3520, Marantz CD-95 (equivalent to Marantz CD-94 MKII). It has more detail than those and solid bass. The price is medium class but the sound I can say it high end. I plan to replace the output caps of 4 x 2.2 uF with a better one - paper in oil caps Russian made - big ! or another MKP by Wima. I am thinking the placing of the caps because the room is limited.
Cheers
WEMPIE

Attachments

• cec 3300r.jpg
    cec 3300r.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 807
Hi there,
actually, I don't plan to change any signal caps, I feel the sound of the unit is exactly what I like, very analog and very detailed nothing is exaggerated. I would rather replace the cheap crystal with a Tentlabs clock and clock power supply. If I change any caps it would be in the powersupply.

If you find the circuit or service manual, please share, I can pay for an official one or a copy.
I emailed the company but they sent me a user manual, I guess it is a language barrier.

thanks
Paul

Guys,I did open up a CEC3300R(with the permission of the boss of the hifi shop,although i didn't buy the CEC from him,but still he allowed me to do so),the Sanyo laser pick-up unit really look like the one used in old days cheap VCD players and the caps are cheap China brand.

But really no doubt,the CEC really sounds good.

Hey all,

Leolabs, it is normal to find a Sanyo transport inside the CEC since the 2 companies are related. CEC is the high-end division of Sanyo. Now because of the price of this CD player, I'm sure the transport is a basic one. I think they put their money on those output modules by Candeias Engineering as shown by Wempie.

Wempie, the same modules in the higher model CD Players with the belt drive and also inside their DAC only units and headphone amps. No feedback, no op amps and appear to have bias points set by LEDS. Also a true differential design, that is why the specs are better for XLR output. Many CD players introduce an extra stage to convert the signal for XLR, but in this case, I think there is no extra circuits for XLR output, the circuit is actually simpler/short if you use the XLR outputs.

The cost reduction, is that it is 1 DAC feeding 2 output modules, and in the next model, it is 2 DACs feeding 2 output modules.

The only thing I wish this player had was a digital input so I could also use PC based music because it is a very good DAC (PCM1796). But I guess they want to sell their standalone DAC units.

cheers
Paba

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.