DIY DTS/DD processor?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I could swear I've seen this come up on the forums, although maybe it was on another one. Has anyone tried to DIY a processor for DTS/Dolby Digital? I was talking about this the other day with my brother. There seems to be a few all-in-one chips from Cirrus and TI that may do the trick, but I'm wondering ahead of time if this will be a futile attempt. If there is a thread that exists on this subject, please give me a link. Thanks.

The Dolby AC-3 spec (as A/52) is published and available almost anywhere on the net, and there's lots of software already that can decode it. For DTS, look around for libdca / libdts... originally it was part of VideoLAN, but it's been pulled from development due to patent issues.

Both will give you a decoder that you can port to a DSP, if you're so inclined. Just you won't be able to share the DTS version.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.