Cd Transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CD transport question

Hello!
I want to build a cheap CD transport(max 100EUR). There are a few ways to do it!
1. CD-ROM+IDE controller+display - i will use the digital output of CD-ROM.Which CD-ROM do you recommend to use(TEAC, SONY, ACER,PHILIPS, Plextor...)?

2. Use a cheap CDplayer(PHILIPS CD723 - CDM12.1) as transport!

3. Use a Philips CDM12.1 or CDM 12.6. (Where can I buy it)

Which alternative is better in your opinion? If I use CD-ROM I will design the display configuration. CD-ROMs are not designed for audio playback, but I think they will give better sonic results as cheap CDplayers(PHILIPS CD723). Am I right?

Have you any schematics for IDE controller with software?

Thank you!
FRANK

I have a gift from two years ago, just opened it during christmas last week, it is a CD VCD MP3 player. Very cheap I think, power up the very first time and put a CD in, it keep saying there is no disc, I took it apart and find out that it spins only for less than a second than stopped. I used 4 AAA batteries to test the motor, and the motor spins fine.

What can I do to find the fault? I would like to fix this up to use it as my test rig in the basement to drive the newly finished amps.
Thanks,
Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.