Creative Extigy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MWP said:
Unless you REALLY want the whole external/USB feature, skip it.
There are much better sound cards around for the price.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agreed, Creative stuff tends to concentrate on marketing. There are always some quirks in performance/operation - the Singaporean Influence?

The Terratec souns cards are excellent sonically and in performance terms. Make sure they are installed carefully though.

Can anyone point to a decent USB/1394 alternative? Just basic ACD/DAC, preferably, but not essentially 24/96.
I would like to have something external as it's much more convenient for me to use a laptop in the audio-room and because the computer power supplies feeding PCI cards truly give me the jitters. Maybe i should think about a mod on my PCI card to make it work with external power/batteries.
I mostly use the soundcard for LP/CD transfers so a quality ADC is amust.

Thanks

peter

I have an Extigy and started a POOGE process on it. If you search the forum you will find it unless this link works http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4505&highlight=extigy

There is a fundamental issue with resampling.

I had serious performance issues using WinDVD -- something funny going on with the relatively advanced drivers? Not recommended.

What I would consider doing is an upgrade of the Audigy 2 or alternative.

Petter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.