why cs8412?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The CS841x series have been around for a while, they're available at all sorts of distributors, and they're "established" parts. Not the best, but almost everything wrong with them has a workaround and if you follow the datasheet to the letter, they'll work well.

AKM makes similar bits, but I can't find their stuff anywhere - zero hits on findchips.com for anything AKM.

TI made the DIR series for a while, which were tempermental and then got discontinued. They make new DIT/SRC chips right now which are new and "unknown" at this point; I hope they're OK considering I just designed them into a board. :D

And that's almost all I can think of... Analog Devices makes a receiver except it's ancient.

Thanks gmarsh,

Well, I was expecting this kind of answer. Actually my concern was regarding the fact we are using dacs capable of 24/192, with great snr (like ad1955, WM8740), 192Khz sample rate converters like AD1895 or AD1896... and the CS8414 recievers which have some weaker specifications (up to 92Khz, for example), which look to me like a bottleneck.. (although cs8416 is up to 192Khz if I'm not mistaking).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.