digital output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased a Magnavox CDB-480 and 482 single box cd players and would like to add a digital output to drive a outboard DAC. The cd player have a Phillips SAA7210 A chip, a Motorola XC99659P (CD-88 P105) B chip I think, and the DACs are TDA-1543. I also own a Magnavox CDB 582 single box cd player and I took the signal off pin 14 of the SAA-7220 filter chip and reduced the amplitude to .5 volts pp. I think I have provided enough info, if not email me for specific info to complete this project.

George

George,

I think there were early philips (=magnavox) players out there without the filter. No oversampling! The motorola chip might be only the system controller. Check if the I2S signals from the TDA1543 come from the 7210 or the motorola chip.

If they come from the 7210, or the Mot chips is the dig filter but has no spdif out, you need to implement a chip to give you spdif out. Crystal makes them, the opposite of a 8412 so to say.

Greetings,

Guido B.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.