ultimate source - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th July 2012, 10:11 AM   #141
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuman100 View Post
I built it with MPLAB IDE 8.x and the microchip C30 compiler. The OLED module I have has an inductor on it, so I assumed the filtering is adequate. I'll PM you the file.
I think inductor on OLED module for switching power supply not for filtering.
Any progress on your built?

Didiet
Old 15th July 2012, 12:30 AM   #142
diyAudio Member

I think your right, it might be some DC to DC converter. I have yet to get it displaying anything teadable on the OLED with either of the two firmware sources I've built. I think there is a firmware issue. Either it's being compiled incorrectly or something is missing. I still haven't received the micro SD card, I was wondering if it might display the proper characters with the micro SD card inserted or show it's working.
Old 15th July 2012, 03:49 AM   #143
diyAudio Member

I got readable on my LCD after i change my VCC for LCD from 3.3V with 5V. But i got disk err with SD. I'll try with SDHC.

Didiet
Old 15th July 2012, 09:34 PM   #144
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by didiet78 View Post
I got readable on my LCD after i change my VCC for LCD from 3.3V with 5V. But i got disk err with SD. I'll try with SDHC.

Didiet
Did the data sheet of the LCD say 3.3V is supported? Did you get garbled characters on your LCD like I did on my OLED or was it just blank? I'll try connecting it to 5V instead and seeing if it'll display the correct characters. The data sheet said it would operate at that voltage so I assumed something else might have been wrong. Which firmware file that I sent you worked for you?
Old 16th July 2012, 01:35 AM   #145
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emuman100 View Post
Did the data sheet of the LCD say 3.3V is supported? Did you get garbled characters on your LCD like I did on my OLED or was it just blank? I'll try connecting it to 5V instead and seeing if it'll display the correct characters. The data sheet said it would operate at that voltage so I assumed something else might have been wrong. Which firmware file that I sent you worked for you?
On datasheet, it says 2.7 - 5v. It display some character if you look on right angle, but it hard to read. I just try the KDA_US02_20091206a. Maybe some lost conections on LCD data port.

Didiet
Old 20th July 2012, 10:17 AM   #146
diyAudio Member

Just try with SDHC, it work, but audio out is not good, alot of noise.

Didiet
Old 26th July 2012, 03:29 AM   #147
diyAudio Member

I got a 3.3V LCD and I'm getting proper characters. The OLED must use a nonstandard controller. Like you, I also get a disk error. I'm using a Samsung micro SDHC. I'm almost certain there is no difference between a regular and micro SD card other than the size and pinouts. The next step is to try a different SD card. I removed the SD card and it seems like there is no difference in "loading" time, so I don't really know if it's a crappy card or what. It reads in my PC. Here is a picture of the card in the socket:
Click the image to open in full size.

Loading:

Disk Error, with backlight:
Old 26th July 2012, 03:48 AM   #148
diyAudio Member

What filesystem do you use? I use VGEN microSDHC witch adapter to SD card. It only support Fat and Fat32
Old 26th July 2012, 06:37 AM   #149
diyAudio Member

The micro SDHC card is 8GB and is fat32 formatted. I never reformatted it when I first got it, I just copied the wav files over. It is fat32 formatted, but I found a 16GB micro SDHC class 4, so I ordered it and will try it instead.
Old 26th July 2012, 07:40 AM   #150
diyAudio Member

I reformatted with fat32, i copied to subdir. When i just copied the wav files to root dir, i got Find err.

Hide this!Advertise here!